How to calculate distinct values ?

Hi All,

I have a list which has Product as parent and SKU as list. I am trying to calculate the number of SKUs with demand > 0 for all periods. Right now, using this formula - If demand > 1 then 1 else 0. The issue with this formula is that the summary adds individual SKUs with demand at yearly level. See below screenshot -

Product 1 has only one sku which has demand in all the years.

F21F22F23F24F25All Periods
Product 1111115

Ideally, all periods should give only 1 as the answer as there is only one unique sku under product 1 having demand. Any leads will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Hi @Akshay07! Your formula is correct. If you want it not to sum to ALL PERIODS, change the Summary method of LI to "Formula" (for time). Then the calculation should be correct.

• Hi @AntonMineev - Thank you for your response. I tried using the formula for summary. The problem is, the module is dimensioned by List A (Product as parent and SKU as list) and the line item (to calculate skus with demand) is being applied applied to List B (Only has product and no child). Hence a subsidiary view is created, in this view the summary is getting calculated correctly but in the main module it does not. Is there any other solution to calculate ?

• Can you attach a small diagram or blueprint? It's just my understanding that if you calculate correctly on the parts, you can then pull to a less detailed LI (you may also need to check the summation method).

Of alternative ideas, use the SUM formula and technical mapping to shift 1 to the right analytics.

• @Akshay07  Not sure exactly what is your final goal, but in order to find what SKU's have demand, you could create a subsidiary line-item without the Time list and have the formula like: If timesum(demand) > 0 then 1 else 0

Hope it helps

Alex