How to calculate forecast percent based on latest 3 months (average) actuals?

antti.kerola@elisa.fi
Contributor

How to calculate forecast percent based on latest 3 months (average) actuals?

Hi,

Current setup:

I have a source module where I will get actuals percents every month. The module doesn't include the version dimension/list. 

Target module:

I want a module that includes version actual, forecast, and probably later other versions as well. I would like to get from the source module the actual (allocation % = line item). For the forecast version, I would like to calculate rolling forecast % which will be based on the latest 3 months average.

The picture attaches will illustrate my need for concrete.

Thanks in advance,

A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hi antti.kerola@elisa.fi 

I don't see the picture but if I understand correctly, a MOVINGSUM  formula would do the trick. you would have to divide by 3 to get the 3 months average.

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hi antti.kerola@elisa.fi 

I don't see the picture but if I understand correctly, a MOVINGSUM  formula would do the trick. you would have to divide by 3 to get the 3 months average.

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for
antti.kerola@elisa.fi
Contributor

There is a picture available now.