1. Set up a Profile Allocation module for as many months forward as you need (you can also set up different profile methods if needed)
2. Use the profile function from to allocate the amount forward. The assumes the first line item from 1 is the first month of the allocation, so you need to "move" or "reference" the cost to allocate into that month. I have mocked up some simple logic below to illustrate
This will automatically stop the allocation after 24 months
You can use an IF statement, but there is a better, more effficient way using Line Item Subsets.
Using Line Item Subsets is a little complicated, but once mastered it is a very useful technique.
Also, I prefer to keep the calculations in multiple modules as it is clearer to understand when you have different dimensionality
I will outline the steps now.
1. Create more line items in the Profile model to account for the different phasing profiles
2. Set up a line item subset from this module
3. Set up a Projects Profile Choice module, dimensioned by project with a single line item formatted as the newly created line item subset. This is where you will assign the profile to the project
4. Create a Projects profile module with two line items. The first Collect(), utilises the Line Item Subset functionality to concert the line items into "list items". The dimensons should be the the 24 months list and the Line Item Subset. The second line item uses a lookup from the Projects Profile Choice module to pull in the correct profile
5. Point the Recognition profile line item to this line