How to check if are all columns correctly filled in?

Hi,

I'm trying to check if all the info are correctly filled in , I mean the line items used (format as list) are correct?

I used ISBLANK function, but seems it's not correct when I'm changing the currency for example, the check it's still there. Can someone help me with this?

algrigore_0-1644068846919.png

algrigore_1-1644068927813.png

Thank you!

Answers

• Hi @algrigore 

As I told before there is no relevancy on local currency line item! 
    How to align this?:

1. Create one more line item with Boolean format and use Name(Local currency line item) = Name(Local currency check line item).
    2. Use this line item in check line item as "isblank(same formula) & (new line item).

Thanks,
    Manjunath KN

• Thank you for your reply but it doesn't work! I think the format should be text ...

• Hi

Umm no i think it should be boolean only.

can you show me error?

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• algrigore_0-1644072768959.png

I'm not sure if the logic it's right..... I used the Code from Attributes modules inside the brackets and if I put near this line item it shows me this error. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thank you for your help.

• Hi @algrigore 

I have actually mentioned outside of isblank formula.

Check line item = isbank(old formula) & helper check.

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• Hi @algrigore 

The reason why the formula is not working is because the dimension in "DIM00_Input Data" Module and the dimensions in these modules "ATT05", "ATT12", "ATT09", "ATT16", "ATT15", "ATT02" which are referenced in the "check" line item are different. And so the formula is looking to the parent or top level of these modules to fetch the data and it is turning out to be empty.

You can either put the formula using code function and reference the line item in the same module for each like below:

isblank(code('Company Code') & code ('Product Family') & Code('Ownership') & code('Chart of Account') & code('Market') & code ('Local Currency'))

or you can reference the "ATT05", "ATT12", "ATT09", "ATT16", "ATT15", "ATT02" line item in the module and use lookup after each reference like below

isblank('ATT05 CMC02 Company Code L2'.code[lookup:'Company Code'] & 'ATT12 module'.code[lookup:'Product Family'] & 'ATT09 module'.code[lookup:'Ownership'] & 'ATT16 module'.code[lookup:'Chart of Account'] & 'ATT15 module'.code[lookup:'Market'] & 'ATT02 module'.code[lookup:'Local Currency'])

I am not sure exactly whats you scenario but if your scenario is to check if any of the 6 line items is empty then the "check" must become true , then instead of using Isblank the above way, you should use the formula as

isblank('company code') or isblank('product family') or isblank('ownership') or code('Chart of Account') or  isblank('Market') or isblank('Local Currency')

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tony

• Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply, indeed the scenario is to check if the input data are correctly filled (choose by user form the list- I'm referring to the lines (Company Code, Product Family, Ownership ... formatted as list).

algrigore_0-1644140182563.png

The formula it's not working ....

I used also the last one (isblank('company code') or isblank('product family') or isblank('ownership') or code('Chart of Account') or  isblank('Market') or isblank('Local Currency')) , but I have the same result, it's not working even if one of the line item it's blank.

Br,

Alina

• Hi,

Thank you,  I tried both, it's not working.

Br,

Alina

• Hello,

I am actually confused with the ask.
    I have now got the understanding let me ask you! if its correct.

you want, if any of above data inputs(company code,product family,....local currency) is blank then check must throw True and local currency should also be aligned with company code, if wrong combination is entered then also check must be true?

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• The check it's true only if the combination is chose correctly!

The second check it's related to the currency, Local currency check where the currency it's taken automatic by Company Code. 

algrigore_0-1644142535046.png

Br,

• Hi 

looks complicated. 
    below is my last try

"Isnotblank('ATT05 CMC02 Company Code L2'.code[lookup:'Company Code'] & 'ATT12 module'.code[lookup:'Product Family'] & 'ATT09 module'.code[lookup:'Ownership'] & 'ATT16 module'.code[lookup:'Chart of Account'] & 'ATT15 module'.code[lookup:'Market'] & 'ATT02 module'.code[lookup:'Local Currency']) & Helper check"

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• Hey,

It's not working, but thank you for your help.

I really appreciate it. I think I need to create additional lines into this module to check the master data.... I thought that it's something easier.

Have a nice day!

Br,