How to create a module where i can link existing module to a new list

joky1980
edited November 2022 in Modeling

Hi!

Not sure if the subject header make sense but here it goes.

I have a existing module that have pricing by distributor by month by SKU, example and lists used as below;

Different distributor will have different prices by SKU

joky1980_0-1668776147538.png

joky1980_3-1668776705692.png

The above are currently in the system which i do not want to touch/amend since i am new to Anaplan and do not want to mess up anything.

I am now trying to create a module that will map those prices to L1 Accounts in the below list that i created. In summary, whenever i add in a new account, the price / SKU will auto map to that account under that distributor. 

joky1980_4-1668776729378.png

Appreciate your help!

Best Answer

• ManjunathKN
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @joky1980,

I assume that, List items of L3 Distributor in Team hierarchy and L4 Distributor of Customer hierarchy are same.

you can have a system module(unless you dont have) for L3 distributor of Team hierarchy, create 2 line items,
    1. Code - Code(item(L3 Distributor))
    2.  L4 Distributor mapping - Finditem('L4 Distributor',Code)

Have a target module with L3 Distributor in applies to, (and L0 SKU, if you need to bring SKU values also, if not it will get top level data of product hierarchy) 

Then bring the values from source module price line item.
    formula in target module for price is source Module.price Line item[lookup: new system module. L4 Distributor mapping].

And show level only L1 accounts from select levels to show.

Hope that helps,

Thanks,
    Manjunath

Answers

• joky1980
    edited November 2022

Hi @ManjunathKN ,

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried keying in

2.  L4 Distributor mapping - Finditem('L4 Distributor',Code)

but there is an error as below;

'L4 Distributor mapping' has TEXT format but the formula resolves to LIST:L4 Distributor format

I did a check and List:L4 Distributor has this property a below;

joky1980_0-1668783304411.png

kindly advise what i should do.

Thanks a lot!

• ManjunathKN
    edited November 2022

@joky1980,

you need to format it to L4: Distributor in blueprint view for L4 Distributor mapping line item and then apply finditem logic. you should ignore that, we dont need property.

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• joky1980
    edited November 2022

@ManjunathKN 

Sorry what should i format it to?

joky1980_0-1668784124391.png

• ManjunathKN
    edited November 2022

@joky1980 

Choose list and select L4 Distributor.

• joky1980
    edited November 2022

@ManjunathKN 

Thank you!

I made it to the next step. However when i punched in

source Module.price Line item[lookup: new system module. L4 Distributor mapping]

An error as below appears:

"Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result"

Below dimension i used to create the module.

joky1980_0-1668785998227.png

• joky1980
    edited November 2022

@ManjunathKN 

quick question, i did as you mentioned below

Thing is once you use L3 Distributor in applies to, how are you able to select show level only L1 accounts from select levels to show. 

joky1980_0-1669006616996.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a target module with L3 Distributor in applies to, (and L0 SKU, if you need to bring SKU values also, if not it will get top level data of product hierarchy) 

Then bring the values from source module price line item.
    formula in target module for price is source Module.price Line item[lookup: new system module. L4 Distributor mapping].

And show level only L1 accounts from select levels to show.

• ManjunathKN
    edited November 2022

@joky1980 ,

I missed that because list naming(as per best practice) is done L1 as lowest level(parent level) and it goes as L2,L3.. for subsequent child levels. I didnt see your top level is in L4. how can you bring the data to some child level when the calculation has happened at parent level? are you trying to do some allocation here. Calculations should always happen at granular level and then flow into parent level. 

Anaplan cannot push the data to Child levels. There should be some allocation logic to push these data else the calculation needs to happen at lowest level and then flow the data.

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• joky1980
    edited November 2022

thank you @ManjunathKN for the clarification.

In that case, is there anyway i can map to child level i.e .lowest level?

My current pricebook is mapped based on distributor by SKU. Any solution to map those to child level i.e. account level.

creating a new module? Can you list the steps?

sorry, getting desperate here ...

• ManjunathKN
    edited November 2022

@joky1980 

This should actually come from Business side. you should basically ask that how the allocation of data happens to sales manager and then to Accounts. 

Are you sure that there is no calculation at L1 Accounts? in your model. 

I am little confused here because while project scoping it is imperative that we have identified the planning level (which should be granular level/downstream level) unless it doesn't involve allocation to more downstream level. What I mean here is, your price book should have calculation at L1 Accounts level in model unless it is not required to push to downstream level by allocation.

I will surely help you if I know how to proceed.

Thanks,
    Manjunath