How to flag a period using boolean?

I have 12 months worth of data, but only want to flag Aug-Dec. I can't do it by checking all the boxes as there are over the 10k limit, so I'm trying to develop a formula where it essentially says, if period > July, true else false... Any ideas on how to easily accomplish that?

Best Answer

• Hi @mwaltz0213 

You can try

Month(Start()) >= 8 and Month(Start()) <=12

You need not add "IF THEN ELSE" if the line item is Boolean formatted.

Thanks,

LipChean

Answers

• Thank you LepChean_Soh! That works!

Although, I just noticed that doing it solely off of the month, will make 2020 only effective of those months. Essentially, I need >=201908. How would I implement that?

• @mwaltz0213 ,

Instead of hardcoding it, use a SYS Global module (or admin module).  This can be done using the current period or manual entry:

2020-01-08_14-17-16.png2020-01-08_14-17-28.png

Then, in a SYS Time filter module, just reference it

2020-01-08_14-17-55.png

2020-01-08_14-18-19.png

Hope this helps,

Rob

• @mwaltz0213 

And if you don't want to span years (so it stops at the current year), the formula in the SYS Time Filter module would be:

ITEM(Time) >= SYS Global.Current Month Entry AND YEAR(ITEM(Time)) = YEAR(SYS Global.Current Month Entry)

2020-01-08_14-36-10.png

• Based off of your initial formula @LipChean_Soh , I created the below to include all periods after 2019.

IF YEAR(START()) > 2019 THEN TRUE ELSE MONTH(START()) >= 8 AND MONTH(START()) <= 12

• @mwaltz0213 

Please try to stay away from the hardcoding (in this case >2019) because if this needs to change in the future, you will have to remember where this was set which could be a problem.

Rob

• Hi @mwaltz0213 

@rob_marshall  is right, to make Anaplan models sustainable (S of PLANS), we must aim to make our models as dynamic as possible, i.e. refer to System Models as much as possible. 

With your latest requirements, please see if the following works:

1. 'SYS00 Time (No Time)'.Current Month Entry assumes you have a month of reference that you change often, and that you want to apply TRUE to all months that fall within the previous years relative to 'Current Month Entry'.

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 06.53.11.png

Thanks,

LipChean

• @rob_marshall  I agree to avoid these. In this case, it was when we went live with the sales plan in Anaplan, so it will never change.