How to illustrate historical sales and forecast departing from last point in graph with history

Hello All!

I am trying to make a graph in which I have Historical Data and Forecast all within a same line. 

CCOLMANT_0-1636562175816.png

In the above example I would need that my green forecast start at the point in which I have historical data and more from there 

the same for all colors

Thanks for your help

Answers

• @CCOLMANT 

Update your version settings in model settings to include a 'Switchover' period. 

The in your data feeding the chart make sure that 'Switchover' is enabled for the line item.

Switchover is a piece of functionality which allows your versions to utilise 'Actual' date up the time period immediate before the switchover period after which the data switches over to the corresponding version. 

• @CCOLMANT 

It is possible to create a line chart that looks like the following;

ChrisHeathcote_0-1636564169003.png

Where Actual version is coloured differently to other versions and seamlessly flows from one period to the next as data transitions from actual into forecast or budget.

Here is how 

Update current period in time setting. In my example current period is Jul 21.

Then use the following IF THEN ELSE statement to prepare your data. It would be best practice to create a separate module for this.

ChrisHeathcote_1-1636564341124.png

Hope this helps.

• @CCOLMANT 

If you found my answer to be of value and an answer to your query please can you select it as the solution.