How to implement "hardcoded" logic with best practice in following example
I have the following challenge in modeling the target module. I need to aggregate data before calculation to account level 1, but there is an exception for certain accounts where I need to aggregate those for level 2. I have tried to create system account details where I flag those accounts which are exceptional accounts.
I have marked yellow lines which are exceptional accounts that should be aggregate in account level 2.
1. I have two dimensions in the source module - Account Flat, which parent hierarchy is Account level 2, and Account level 2 parent hierarchy is Account level 1. There is cost center flat but this is not relevant for this one.
2. In the target module I'am using Account level 1 subset as a dimension.
3. The account details system module is just my imagination of how I can possibly solve the problem. I have understood that it is always better to use system module than using select in line formulas.
4. If an account is not exceptional then it can sum normally to Account level 1.
5. This is just naming conventing thing. It can be also an exceptional account.