Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How to not include Top Level in dropdown when publishing a list?

Hello, 

When publishing a list (Customers) with a property of another list (Account Managers), is there a way that the dropdown created does not include the Top Level (All Account Managers) as an option? A way other than removing the Top Level.

Ruud

4 REPLIES 4
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: How to not include Top Level in dropdown when publishing a list?

Hi @Ruud

I have two solutions, one will be to keep the list published on the module (although, I do not recommend to publish a list directly on a dashboard) and the second to publish a system module instead. 

1. In case you cannot remove the top level of Account  Managers, you can create an alternative hierarchies which contains exactly the same items as Account Managers lists  (!! but without Top level) and use that list instead in the property of Customers. Then, in order to find the property from the correct list you can use Finditem in a technical property, or in the system module of the list. 

2. Other solution would be to use a Dependent Drop Down based on a dummy list to restrict showing the Top Level, but I am afraid will not work when you publish directly a list on the dashboard, but you can alternatively publish a system module. See example below: 

• The System Module for Customer List
  • Capture.JPG
  • format of Account Manager LI
  • Capture2.JPG
  • Account Managers property format 
  • Capture1.JPG

Kind regards,

Manuela 

Highlighted

Hi @Ruud

Has any of the solution listed below helped with in solving your case? 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Manuela,

Thanks a lot. Solution 1 works for me!
Highlighted

Happy I could help!