INCREMENTAL CALCULATION AND CONDITIONL FORMATTING

pdekas
Contributor

INCREMENTAL CALCULATION AND CONDITIONL FORMATTING

Hi guys, 

pdekas_0-1627481741475.png

i need your help, im struggling with this, i will try to be as clear as possible .

• i have this dashboard, column 2 is what i have now and  column 3 i what im trying to achieve (i added the column 3 via excel).

i would like to know if its possible to achieve the following setting in anaplan.

the column 2 will be used as a follow up column to tell the end user how much they still need to dispatch. The total highlighted in black is the starting value that is allocated from january to december. The column 2 is supposed to display the remaining amount to be dispcatched for the period, the formula would be starting in february since january will be total for all month ( black highlighted cell) minus january's total :

Column 2 formula should go like this : target value at n  = value from the previous cell ( to be allocated value at n-1) minus the total value at n (column 1) . with this, we will end up at zero for the last period ( december )

• plus : i will like to know how i can apply a conditionnal formating just in the last cell or in total cell at the bottom.

Thanks in advance

12 REPLIES 12
rob_marshall

@pdekas 

You can't use a fake time list, you will need to use the real time list as you did in the SYS Time module.  Now, if you must you the fake/custom time that you have for reporting reasons, then we can do a mapping to get the data there after you use the module with Real Time.

Rob

pdekas
Contributor

Hi, 

i think it would be way too much complicated to use Previous or any time dimension related function since we use pretty much only customisezd time dimension and changing this will take some time; Do you perharps know a way to still implement the calculation without using a time dimension? something like if starting date= january then total allocation - january's allocation ELSE previous cell - current total allocation ". 

attached a simple visual showing the idea 

pdekas_0-1627991686252.png

rob_marshall

@pdekas 

Short answer, no as previous() only works with the Time dimension.  Now, what I suggest is to do it the way I recommended in the above and then have a mapping module from your custom time to native time which you can use for reporting.

Rob