Import: Mapping Issue with Tab Separators

Hi all,

When I tried to upload .csv file with Tab separator, I cannot see any mapping with setting (Please refer to the file called "Separtors=Tab.PNG") and import went to be failed.

With Column separator, however, I could see what items were mapped (Refer to the the file "Separators=Column.png).

The difference between those files are only the separator.

Could anyone can tell me why these difference is occurred and how to solve the issue with Tab separator?

Thanks

Answers

• what do you call column separator ?

Open your file with Notepad++ and display the special characters, you'll see if you have an issue in there

• @nathan_rudman 

Thanks for your quick response.

>Open your file with Notepad++ and display the special characters, you'll see if you have an issue in there

I'll check.

Are you saying that tab separator won't work if there is any special characters in column (or maybe rows)?

Mao Ninomiya

• no, but you might have a tab somewhere in the data that pushes all the mapping one or two columns, although that wouldn't be for all lines.

I don't understand what you mean by separator = column so I'm asking you to check what exactly you have in your file as a separator. It seems it is not tab.
  • Sorry for making you misunderstand. separator = column means “Separator=Commma”.

• @MaoNinomiya I think you are trying to import a tab delimited file with configuration of comma separated file.

I Suggest you to check this config once.

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 2.52.20 PM.png

• By fixing text delimiter setting in File Option, the file was imported successfully.

Thanks to @abhay.kanik  and @nathan_rudman  for helping me solve the issue.