Import data from one list item to other list items in same module(one to Many)

Hi All

I am having a module with a list(A,B,C...) and line items as given below.

Update ,Text, Number are user input fields.

Scenario:

If an user checks update for C list item and updated text , number fields then the updated fields should import to the list item A,D as emp id and Emp Name are same.

codeEMP IDEMP NameUpdateTextNumber
A1EMP1Beck XYZ120
B2EMP2Siri   
C3EMP1Beck TRUE XYZ120
D4EMP1Beck XYZ120
E5EMP2Siri   

Please help me with this.

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• @tejaswini 

Yes you can do that, just filter on the basis of the Update(boolean) line item and create a saved view. Now use this saved view for the import. You will get only the checked items updated in the system.

~Anand

https://in.linkedin.com/in/anand-shekhawat-35645486

• @anand.shekhawat 

The use case is the data which is associated with C (ie if user update C)should import to only to A & D as they are having same Emp names it shouldn't get imported for remaining list items 

In the same way if user is updating B the updated details should go into Only E

codeEMP IDEMP NameUpdateTextNumber
    A1EMP1Beck XYZ120
    B2EMP2Siri   
    C3EMP1Beck TRUE XYZ120
    D4EMP1Beck XYZ120
    E5EMP2Siri   
  • @tejaswini 

You cannot do that in this module. You would require a different approach for that.

Create one more module dimensioned by Employee List. Now import the Data (Text and number) with respect to the Employees. Now reference that data here in this particular module using a LOOKUP on Employee ID.

~Anand

https://in.linkedin.com/in/anand-shekhawat-35645486

• @tejaswini 

I suggest you to use a custom version list with 2 items, let's say original and updated . 

Create a boolean and compare it with the original version .

whenever user will updating something in updated version boolean will go true and use that as a filter for your saved view for import. 

Crate another action which will import from updated version to current version and add it in the end pf the process.

Thanks

Abhay