Highlighted
Community Boss

Re: Import result shows values are adding up from multiple codes

Hello @Misbah 

1. We must ask the source to provide unique id for the import.

2. Even if there is no unique id on the file, if it is manageable with combination of property. We can import that in a staging module.

3. Apply business rules/logic to select the valid records, create list, hierarchy from the valid records

In my humble opinion, this is a case of selecting valid transactions from a list having duplicate transactions using business rules. I would not recommend complicating it with more imports and actions. Esp, they when they are not scalable and sustainable, what happens when the business rule changes, it should be manageable without changing imports.

Thanks

Arun

Community Boss

@ArunManickam 

Reason I like spending time with our community is that we get to know how one thing can be achieved in multiple ways. Amazing! All the points that you raised are valid.

Point 1 is the best case scenario.

Point 2  we try to avoid most of the times as it goes against best practices.

Point 3 Your approach relied on IsFirstOccurrence. This has its own limitations,  can't use this on a data set more than 10 million transactions. Also there is a performance issue if the data set is more than a million. Now that's debatable if we should use IsFirstOccurrence on Transactional data 

Regards,

Misbah

Highlighted
Community Boss

Hello @Jsdeloria21 ,

Without complicating it much. The problem statement is filter the right transactions to import.

Create few booleans on the source module to select the correct distinct transactions and procced with import. It should not aggregate and import wrong values.

here is the solution,

ArunManickam_0-1579691646746.png

ArunManickam_1-1579691686184.png

Blueprint view,

ArunManickam_2-1579691734893.png

I have used SUM& LOOKUP for quick modeling, you can avoid it.

Thanks

Arun

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@Jsdeloria21 ,

The easiest way is usually the best and from what I can gather, I would recommend fixing the source data to only give you the correct data, whether that is coming from a source file or another model.

Rob