Importing a csv file - Question

Tricia
Contributor

Importing a csv file - Question

Hello Anaplan experts!

I am very new to Anaplan and am going through the courses to get my Level 1 certification. I am sure this is a vey silly question, but figured I would ask rather than keep spinning my wheels. I have a csv that is attached. I need to Import this file into a Geo Hierarchy, but am having trouble mapping it correctly. What is defined in the Geo Hierarch is: Region (Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific) and Countries (US, CAN, MX, BR, etc). After selecting the file to Import, I am not defining the levels correctly. Sometimes my brain gets stuck in a loop and I just circle. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
JaredDolich

@Tricia 

So, so glad you're using the Community Board!!

Make sure you map the following:

• Location (G3 Location) is the "text" value of the location
  • Parent (will be the country)
  • Code (this is a unique identifier of the location)

Should look like this:

LocationsL1.png

Jared Dolich
Kanishq17
Community Boss

hi @Tricia 

so the csv is for loading locations data, which is a child of countries list in the geo hierarchy, you need to create a list Locations which is a child of the countries list, then you load it in that list

einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hey @Tricia 

I second @JaredDolich, the community is a great resource and you should use it.

I get a lot of questions from Anaplan learners about import and I really think we need to explain it better.

Now, are you loading the CSV file attached to a module or to a list?

The import process differs slightly between the 2. I am happy to explain both but let's take care of the issue at hand first.

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for
Tricia
Contributor

Thank you!

I was importing to a list, and was able to get it done correctly!

Appreciate the help!