Importing data with dates and multi-currencies

ClarenceA
Regular Contributor

Re: Importing data with dates and multi-currencies

HI @ashish.banka 

That is indeed the case as we have consultant names, project names, billing rates and currencies. I was able to reduce the error rate significantly by doing two things: (i) removing Project Name from the line item as its already a dimension and (ii) re-instating Time as a dimension. That said we still have an issue as if each week we can only have one currency but in reality consultants may be billing in different currencies, that causes a conflict so those records will get rejected in the import process.

I guess either we find away around this in Anaplan or fix the issue at source by billing in only one currency.

Best regards,

Clarence

ClarenceA
Regular Contributor

Re: Importing data with dates and multi-currencies

Dear @ashish.banka @ChrisHeathcote 

Think I figured the issue. Seems to be data quality at source where some people are keying in billing rates in a currency other than what it should be hence the conflict. The currency should have been the same per consultant per project and if not obviously results in an error when importing.

That said because the billing rates are rolling up into totals for the week (in reality doesn't make sense), I need to divide it by the number of records in that week. Is there a formula in Anaplan that counts number of data records in any given week? 

Kind regards,

Clarence