Inputting product mix % via a dashboard

I have a mix of products which must always total 100%. When forecasting, I would like the ability for the user to either a) type in the product % mix, or b) increase one whilst simultaneously decreasing another (of their choosing) via a dashboard. If possible, could anyone help with how to set up point b?

Best Answer

Answers

• @JenniferMontgomery  Certainly possible! The setup will of course depend on the specifics of your requirements. 

If it is a one to one relationship, you can create a line item when the user inputs the "offset product" and then use the SUM function to aggregate the offset amounts.  You would then create a forecast line item that takes into account the Product Mix Inputs as well as the increase + offset amounts.  Below is a simple example of how you might set this up. 

Product Mix.PNG

• Hi @JenniferMontgomery - 

I assumed your scenario in a following way.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Let me know if this addresses your problem, else please explain in much more detailed way and if possible share screen shots.

Thanks,

Sorna Raja Prabhu

• Hi @JenniferMontgomery 

I prefer the solution provided by @smithevan18It is also a commonly used approach in Anaplan. If you download the FP&A for SaaS model, you will see the implementation of this method and you can study it and replicate it in your model

• Thank you, this is most helpful!