Invalid Selection, please select items from the '#Cost Center > General Sub Cat' list

I keep getting this error "Invalid Selection, please select items from the '#Cost Center > General Sub Cat' list" when trying to add a budget line under a COGS cost center.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @pleong 

Can you elaborate more what are trying to achieve and when are you getting this error-adding Budget line in a cost center list or have you create any module. please share some screenshot.

Thanks

Akhtar

• I am trying to add a budget line to input a COGS expense.

• Hi @pleong ,

You are trying to add a new budget row below the cost center, you need to select a cost center before running the create action(Add Budget row) and this is mandatory, we need to tell the system under which cost center we are adding this new row. 

So first select the cost center and click the Add budget row button.

Why in your DB view you are not seeing any cost center?

~Vignesh M

• I did select a cost center. That is always the first thing that I do.

• Hi @pleong 

Can you check the list " #Cost Center > General Sub Cat" , it seems it doesn't contain any item inside that that's why you are getting error.

" Add Budget line" was created through "Create" action. I am tried to replicate your problem even i am getting same error once i have deleted every item from the parent list.

Screenshot_179.png

Now go to action -> search "add budget line" -> edit -> check the list name and trace the parent of that list.

Screenshot_180.png

Screenshot_181.png

Hope this helps

Thanks

Akhtar

• I don't think I have that kind of access.. I'm a user not an admin or anyone who has access to make or change those types of items.

• @pleong Pls make sure you have selected the cost center not the roll-up of the cost center. Create action will not work if you select other levels and will get this error only. Check again the cost center selection.

• I am not selecting the roll-up. I have already selected the cost center.

• Hi @pleong 

As you told me you are a user, don't have admin access then I am assuming this list may have selective access enabled then two possible case are

1. you don't have access to the cost center the also you will get the same error

2.  If you have " Read Access" also then also you will not able to add any item in the list and will get same error.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Akhtar

• @pleong 

As other champs have mentioned it looks like you either

You don't have write access to the list or you don't have access at all. Please review your access to the list and make sure you select the cost center for which you are trying to add before you run the action,

P.S: Don't reveal the name of your client here:).If it is your employer then its perfectly fine

• Thanks. It's my employer.

• @pleong 

Cheers! Hope the solution that champs @Akhtar.shahbaz @VIGNESH.M  provided fixed your issue. 

If so please close the loop and if not let us know if you are still facing the issue