Is Something Wrong With my Role List? Level 1

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Is Something Wrong With my Role List? Level 1

@aashca9 

Tried that too, I got this error message: 

'All Roles' is not valid for the name of the top level item of Role. 'All Roles' clashes with the name of an existing List Member. 

However, no other list goes by the name "All Roles", so I'm confused as to where the 'clashing' is happening. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @sosunkwo - I have been stuck on the exact same problem you had "Role List Problem" And can't seem to find an answer anywhere. Did you ever get to find a workaround for this? Thank you in advance! 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@CommunityMember127535 can you share screenshot and the problem/error you are facing, I can try to help..

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you @SatyamArora Please see more detailed info below as well as an screenshot. 

Original Formula:

IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP01 Employee Drivers'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 0

New Formula: 

IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus % [LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

When I enter the new formula the attached Error Pops up. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Try to think which all line items do you need to apply this formula to, is it asking you to lookup specific .... related to employees

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi, @CommunityMember127535 , let me know if you figured it out from others' response. If not, I'd be happy to help. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi! I was actually able to solve with some help from the Community. Thank you anyways!
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi, @CommunityMember127535

Happy to hear that! Cheers.
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@sosunkwo 

Because the file you loaded included a "Parent" column. Since there's no parent (top level, in this case) you will get the error.

Your choices are to add a top level that matches the parent value in your input file or don't load the parent column.

Either of those will clear up your error!

Let me know what you end up doing. Just curious.

Jared Dolich
Highlighted
Contributor

@JaredDolich 

Ok, so I'm trying to run the import for the role list again. My question now is how would I "not load the parent column."?  Pls see attachment. Thanks