Issue with formula editor :clicking on a list or list item does not work anymore (e.g. for finditem)

Hello All,

Since the new formula editor release, I noticed that when I am editing a formula and go and click on a list or list item, the formula does not get populated with the list / list item. Now instead, I need to type the name of the list (e.g. when using FINDITEM or ITEM formula). This is bad!

Is anyone else having the same issue?

----------------------------

Update Dec 2nd 2021. Message from Anaplan support

I have received a response from the Product team and I am pleased to inform you that this issue is currently planned to be fixed as part of our product roadmap. I will place this case on hold until that time and reach out to you once the fix is released.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• I have the same issue. 

• @fabien.junod 

Jeez! Definitely not good. Time to raise it to Anaplan Support. Did you already? If so, please update the thread as well.

Note: However as part best practices, List items are not supposed to be hard coded/referenced (be it structural or production) as it hinders the Scalability of the model.

Thanks,

Misbah

Miz Logix

• Thank you @Misbah and @CarolineJosefsson  for confirming.

I opened a ticket with Anaplan support and I'll update this thread when I hear back from them

@Misbah Totally agree with your statement about not hard coding list items. I used it as an example to illustrate how the formula editing had changed and was not working as expected.

Side note:  it is OK to reference the Top Level item with SELECT and that's not working either.

Definitely something went wrong with the formula editor when the new changes were made.

• @fabien.junod 

Not just ok.. More than ok to do that🙂

Thanks and please update the thread as and when you hear anything from anaplan support.

• Message from Anaplan support on dec 2nd 2021

I have received a response from the Product team and I am pleased to inform you that this issue is currently planned to be fixed as part of our product roadmap. I will place this case on hold until that time and reach out to you once the fix is released.

• True , i am also doing the same . but i like the new model experience it has more visibility when we writing any formula .