Issue with formula editor :clicking on a list or list item does not work anymore (e.g. for finditem)

fabien.junod
Certified Master Anaplanner

Issue with formula editor :clicking on a list or list item does not work anymore (e.g. for finditem)

Hello All,

Since the new formula editor release, I noticed that when I am editing a formula and go and click on a list or list item, the formula does not get populated with the list / list item. Now instead, I need to type the name of the list (e.g. when using FINDITEM or ITEM formula). This is bad!

Is anyone else having the same issue?

----------------------------

Update Dec 2nd 2021. Message from Anaplan support

I have received a response from the Product team and I am pleased to inform you that this issue is currently planned to be fixed as part of our product roadmap. I will place this case on hold until that time and reach out to you once the fix is released.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
fabien.junod

Re: Issue with formula editor :clicking on a list or list item does not work anymore (e.g. for findi

Hello All,

Anaplan support got back to me confirming this is a know issue

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Known-Issues-and-Workarounds/Unable-to-select-List-when-using-pop-o...

No updates on when the issue will be fixed

View solution in original post

fabien.junod

Re: Issue with formula editor :clicking on a list or list item does not work anymore (e.g. for findi

All,

This issue only happens in the new model experience.

So another workaround is going back to the "old" model experience. I tried it and it works.

8 REPLIES 8
CarolineJosefsson
Contributor

I have the same issue. 

Misbah

@fabien.junod 

Jeez! Definitely not good. Time to raise it to Anaplan Support. Did you already? If so, please update the thread as well.

Note: However as part best practices, List items are not supposed to be hard coded/referenced (be it structural or production) as it hinders the Scalability of the model.

Thanks,

Misbah

Miz Logix

fabien.junod

Thank you @Misbah and @CarolineJosefsson  for confirming.

I opened a ticket with Anaplan support and I'll update this thread when I hear back from them

@Misbah Totally agree with your statement about not hard coding list items. I used it as an example to illustrate how the formula editing had changed and was not working as expected.

Side note:  it is OK to reference the Top Level item with SELECT and that's not working either.

Definitely something went wrong with the formula editor when the new changes were made.

Misbah

@fabien.junod 

Not just ok.. More than ok to do that🙂

Thanks and please update the thread as and when you hear anything from anaplan support.

fabien.junod

Hello All,

Anaplan support got back to me confirming this is a know issue

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Known-Issues-and-Workarounds/Unable-to-select-List-when-using-pop-o...

No updates on when the issue will be fixed

fabien.junod

All,

This issue only happens in the new model experience.

So another workaround is going back to the "old" model experience. I tried it and it works.

fabien.junod

Message from Anaplan support on dec 2nd 2021

I have received a response from the Product team and I am pleased to inform you that this issue is currently planned to be fixed as part of our product roadmap. I will place this case on hold until that time and reach out to you once the fix is released.

sbhaumik2
New Contributor

True , i am also doing the same . but i like the new model experience it has more visibility when we writing any formula .