L1 Model Building - Lesson 7 Data Mapping issue.

Hi Everyone,

I am stuck at 7.2.3 Activity: Import Data into Employee Details Module. The instructions are not clear how to map E2 Employee# list ,which is a numbered list, to the .CSV file. There is Hint in the lesson which clearly says this:       

• HINT: The E2 Employees# list is a numbered list and each record is assigned a unique identifier. When mapping the data, you should not map by name or map manually. 

This means that I cannot map data against names and also not by mapping manually but i cannot find any other option. Please see the below screenshots.

Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 18.50.15.png

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Zeb

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hi

There is no problem with your mappings, it should be codes--> employees and column headers ---> sys08 module.

but in your 3rd tab that is sys08 module you need to map items manually. and and do custom mappings for start data and end date.

ManjunathKN123_1-1643291065027.png

ManjunathKN123_0-1643291020788.png

Hope this helps

Thanks,
    Manjunath

Answers

• Hi

Can you try with below settings.

Column 1 --> Emplyoees
    Column headers --> sys08

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• Hi Manjunath,

This does not work, as I mentioned that we cannot map E2 Employees# list with names in the .CSV file because it is a numbered list and the employees in that list have been given unique identifier code. Please see the screenshot of the error when I do this.

zaibhamid81_0-1643277962686.png

Thanks

Zeb

• Hi 

if it is numbered list then use the column 2(code)

Column 2 -->employees
    Column headers ---> Sys08

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• Hi,

It is still not working with the code in column 2 as these codes in the .CSV file are not the same generated by Anaplan to make the E2 Employee# list numbered list, they are different unique identifier codes.

Many thanks

Zeb   

• Hi

It should work! Can you show the mappings and your employees list with codes. 

Unique identifier are different like #1,#2 etc and basically you will replace that by text formatted line item as property(display name) in that list.

So numbered can only be mapped with codes and not by names! In any import.

Please show you numbered list in grid view and your mapping.

Thanks,

Manjunath 

• Thank you so much Manjunath for all your help, you are right and your provided solution worked.

Could you just please explain why we have to map Employees against name in the SYS08 tab when we have already selected code column for our numbered list. Why it did not pull out names by mapping code with the E2 Employees numbered list.

Thanks so much for your support so far.

Zeb 

• Thanks ManjunathKN your answer helped me also.

I was also thrown off by the hint.

• HINT: The E2 Employees# list is a numbered list and each record is assigned a unique identifier. When mapping the data, you should not map by name or map manually.