L2 Sprint 2 2.3.9.1 Import data into DAT03 Historic Volumes module

H All,

What happens in this case. I already pulled DATA from DATA HUB model in to Supply chain model DAT03 Historic Volumes module manually. 

What happens if I run the process 9 

9.1 Import Historic Volumes
9.2 Import Opening Stock
9.3 Import Shipping Metrics

Will I receive any errors in DATA in supply chain. Or The earlier DATA I pulled will simply get overwritten by same DATA.

Thanks,
Balarama Krishna.

Comments

• Hi @krishnadbr ,

if you run the process then your current data will be overwritten by same data what you have in Data hub

• Hi,

While I ran the above process I got the error as shown.

krishnadbr_0-1633666063863.jpeg

Is this because there is no saved view in target model(supply chain). 

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Balarama Krishna

• Yes i believe it is because saved view!. (could not be located from the source actually)

• Akhtar.shahbaz

I am still not able to move forward from this point. 

This hint is given in course.

2.3.9.1 Import data into DAT03 Historic Volumes module

• Run Process 9 Import Data from the Hub. 
    • This will pull the data into the Supply Chain model from the Data Hub model.
    • Make adjustments in order to avoid errors in the import process.

NOTE: The Historic Volumes data includes the ACTUAL sales volume of product SKU from FY19.  

The Supply Chain model's Model Calendar begins in 2020 and does not include any previous years.  

If you run the Import Process as-is, you will get an import error as the timescale doesn't match. 

I checked the timescale in blue print view of DATA HUB and Supply Chain too.

In Supply chain this is based on time range.

krishnadbr_0-1633752948785.png

And in DATA HUB it is Model calendar FYY19

krishnadbr_1-1633753012154.png

Please can you advise what should I change to move forward.

Thanks,
    Balarama Krishna.

• Hi @krishnadbr ,

I saw in your screenshot it showing an error "Model object could not locate", the reason for the error is SOURCE OBJECT is not assigned correctly for the import action 9.1.

Step 1 : Copy the Source Label for the import action 9.1 and use the search bar to search in Actions - >import data sources.

Step 2 : Click edit and locate your saved view in the datahub which you have created.

Step 3: Click Actions -> Imports then edit the mapping and run the actions.

Make sure select the correct data hub model & where you have created the views.

Thanks

Akhtar

• @Akhtar.shahbaz 

Thanks Akhtar. This worked but I got few errors due to timescale mismatch.

How to solve it?

krishnadbr_0-1633780340637.png

Thanks,

Balarama Krishna.

• Hi @krishnadbr 

Can you please send us the screenshot of the mapping?

Make sure you should map the correctly the line item.

Thanks

Akhtar

• Hi,

Here are my mapping screenshots.

krishnadbr_0-1633784810516.png

And

krishnadbr_1-1633784868528.png

I got this 

krishnadbr_2-1633785026255.png

Thanks,

Balarama Krishna

• Hi @krishnadbr ,

Change the line mapping from Fixed line item to "Column 1 Line items " then  click on DAT03 Historic volume line items & do the manual mapping for volume.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Akhtar

• Hi Can anyone reply to the below I am also facing same issue with time scale the Hint says 

NOTE: The Historic Volumes data includes the ACTUAL sales volume of product SKU from FY19.  

The Supply Chain model's Model Calendar begins in 2020 and does not include any previous years.  

If you run the Import Process as-is, you will get an import error as the timescale doesn't match. 

Can anyone solve this

• Hi

The issue is back in Sprint 1 it asks you to rename the Data HUB. Then when it comes to creating the Supply Chain model using the download it proves, the source of all the pre-set actions and processes are set to the original name of the Data HUB "Level 2 Data Hub **Your Name** "

If you go into the Actions and click on the 'Imports' tab, under the Source Object, you should notice all but 2 of the actions have Level 2 Data Hub **Your Name** naming convention.

2.5 & 2.6 should have the current name of your Data HUB as that was the last action in Sprint 1 to be completed.

Use the edit button to change the source to your renamed Data HUB on each action, remembering the saved view.

This will fix the issue.