LEVEL 2 SPRINT 3 INV01 Module PO line item

Hi Team, @einas.ibrahim

I am stuck in below Formulas attached in PO1:

My formulas are attached in PO2

Problem Statement: I used POST function for "Confirm PO Delivery" & " Confirm PO Receipt" but when i ticked my checkbox for week1 its not posting inventory values automatically to WEEK 3. when tick my week 3 checkbox also manually then it shows the inventory value.

Attached PO3(Only week 1 ticked) & PO4( week 1 & 3 both ticked)

which is not what was desired, please guide me on this.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Hello @kunal_311 

What @Misbah said is not wrong, but I ask you to ignore it for now. It's a couple of steps ahead of where you are in the training right now. We will go step by step.

The reason the Confirm Purchase Order Receipt is not reflecting the correct number of units is that the Confirm PO Delivery does not have the right number. It should be 1 for week 3 if you check Submit Purchase Order Request, but it is 0.

Let's look at the formula for Confirm PO Delivery...
    You wrote

IF PO Submitted = 0 THEN 0 ELSE POST(PO Submitted, Shipping Time in Weeks)

Do we really need an IF statement here? No, we don't. Because we simply want whatever value in PO Submitted to be shifted to Confirm PO delivery. If PO Submitted = 0 then PO Delivery should equal 0 too and if PO submitted = 1 then Confirm PO delivery should = 1 too. When PO Submitted is 0, it is not a special case that requires a different logic

Remove the IF condition, make sure your Confirm Purchase Order Receipt formula is correct and let me know.

Also, read this post. It highlights a typo in the training instruction
    https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Academy-Training/A-Typo-in-L2-S3-INV01-Module-Line-Item-Formula-Details/m-p/72705#M1949

• @kunal_311 

"Is my understanding not correct?" -- Not quite

I read your logic in the previous messages and I think it has some misunderstandings, that's what I tried to explain my previous response.

Please read this part of my previous reply and let me know if you don't follow my logic

"Do we really need an IF statement here? No, we don't. Because we simply want whatever value in PO Submitted to be shifted to Confirm PO delivery. If PO Submitted = 0 then PO Delivery should equal 0 too and if PO submitted = 1 then Confirm PO delivery should = 1 too. When PO Submitted is 0, it is not a special case that requires a different logic"

Keep this in mind as well... 

• Will PO Submitted be any value other than 0 or 1? No. because the formula for PO Submitted is IF Submit Purchase Order Request THEN 1 ELSE 0.
      The outcome is either 0 or 1 there is no 3rd option.
    • Do we need Confirmed PO Delivery to be anything other than 0 or 1? No
    • We need the value of Confirmed PO Delivery to be exactly equal to PO Submitted, just shifted based on the # shipping weeks.
    • Checking if the value of Confirmed PO Delivery is >0 or <=0 is not necessary, it doesn't provide any value

If this initial point is still not clear, please let me know the parts you disagree with so we can move on.

Finally, again the answer of @Kanishq17 is not necessarily wrong but similar to Misbah, it refers to something you will do in the future. You still haven't built the logic for a Final Shipping Weeks.

Answers

• @kunal_311 

I can see formula not right as per the requirement in two of your line items - See below:

Confirmed PO Delivery - Instead of Shipping Time Weeks you should take Final Shipping Time Weeks in your formula

Confirmed Purchase Order Receipt - Take Final Shipment amount and Final Shipping Time Weeks in your formula instead of Suggested Order Amount. Also request you to write it as per best practice. Since the number of zeroes in Confirmed PO Delivery line item will be more try to use first condition on zeroes first.

Hope that helps

• Hi @kunal_311 

So there is an issue in the Confirmed PO formula, PO submitted is 1 if Submit PO receipt is ticked, then you are mentioning if PO submitted =0 then 0 else post PO submitted, so it will check PO submitted for every week and based on that value of Post is applied, since in week 3 Submit PO is not ticked, hence PO submitted =0 , so value is 0 as if condition is getting satisfied , so you dont need the if part as already in PO submitted you have mentioned that, directly post the PO submitted by the final shiping time weeks, as suggested by @Misbah 

Hope it helps.

• @kunal_311 

You need to remove if PO submitted =0 part from the confirmed PO line item as you have already mentioned that PO submitted is 1 when submit PO boolean is true, hence only Post part is needed, 

for the amount you can use if PO submitted <>0 then post(order value, final shipping time weeks) else 0

Also I think you are missing the final shipping time part as @Misbah suggested

• Hi @Misbah 

Does that mean I need to add altogether a new line item as "Final Shipping time weeks" & "Final shipment amount" and use total of shipping data to calculate respective line items?

As to build such line items was not mentioned in the course. It was only a "shipping time weeks" line item. Want to understand why we are using those new line items?

2)  The Confirmed Purchase Order Receipt line item references the order amount (Suggested Order Amount for the Month). 

• If the Confirmed PO Delivery line item value is greater than 0, then OFFSET the value for the Suggested Order Amount for the Month line item by the number of weeks for shipping. 
    • IF Confirmed PO Delivery >0 THEN OFFSET (Suggested Order Amount for the Month - Shipping Time Weeks) ELSE 0

This was the instruction to build "Confirmed PO Order Receipt Line item" in the course then why we are not using"suggested order amount of the month" line item & creating new & using "Final shipment amount" line item.

Regards

Kunal 

• Hi Misbah,
    Regarding the Confirmed Purchase Order Receipt Formula:
    IF Confirmed PO Delivery <= 0 THEN 0 ELSE POST(Suggested Order Amount for the Month, Final Shipping Time Weeks)
    The first condition is on zero only, IF PO delivery value is 0 or less then 0 then pass value 0 else it it is greater than 1 pass extra inventory value.
    That is not correct?
  • @kunal_311 

Oops! Did I just fast forward you couple of steps. Apologies, I didn't mean to confuse you as I didn't pay attention to the Heading of your query as Sprint 3. Follow the steps as @einas.ibrahim  mentioned, ultimately you will land there where it would make more sense.

Good luck

Misbah

• Hi @einas.ibrahim 

1) Understood Confirm PO delivery Logic.

2) Regarding the Confirmed Purchase Order Receipt Formula:

The Confirmed Purchase Order Receipt line item references the order amount (Suggested Order Amount for the Month). 

• If the Confirmed PO Delivery line item value is greater than 0, then OFFSET the value for the Suggested Order Amount for the Month line item by the number of weeks for shipping. 
    • IF Confirmed PO Delivery >0 THEN OFFSET (Suggested Order Amount for the Month - Shipping Time Weeks) ELSE 0

This was given in the description, I changed the formula in 2 points:

1) Use POST instead of OFFSET

2) Since PO delivery Line item often going to have 0 instead of 1 that's why I changed the formula as below.
    IF Confirmed PO Delivery <= 0 THEN 0 ELSE POST(Suggested Order Amount for the Month, Final Shipping Time Weeks)
    The first condition is on zero only, IF PO delivery value is 0 or less then 0 then pass value 0 else it it is greater than 1 pass extra inventory value.
    Is my understanding not correct?

• Hi @einas.ibrahim ,

Thank you so much, einas i am clear now what you are saying. I got confused while reading so many posts suggesting to use "Final shipping time weeks" Line item.

kunal_311_0-1596123638117.png

• Hi @einas.ibrahim 

Now since I am done with my formulas and reviewing the same.

INV01 Review File -  This file is from the course and the highlighted value is 56 here(ALL PRODUCTS).

INV01 My File - My module value which is 57( ALL PRODUCTS)

INV01 My file(Nutzo Bar_EN) - The value for this particular line item is matching with the course review file(INV01 Review File).

Only that one value is not matching for week 3 & now am not able to think reversely as in where I am wrong which lands up my "safety stock exception" line item increased by 1.

I didn't tick the PO order checkbox.

• Hey @kunal_311 

There are a few reasons why the Exceptions for ALL products differs from the training example:

1. The data is not the same, for example, the data in DEM03 have changed
    2. The Aggregation method
    3. The formula itself.
    4. A data error in the components that make up the formula (Ending Inventory, Safty stock target)

Based on the information you provided and the accompanying screenshots, I can't determine any of the above.

• Hi @einas.ibrahim 

I guess the same issue was faced by another anaplanners as well

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Academy-Training/Level-2-Sprint-3-Shipping-costs-for-INVO5/m-p/71541#M1884

Thank you for the help.