LEVEL 2 - Sprint 3 - 3.3.5.2 Inventory Ordering Module Formulas - Order Receipt

Hello

I have been stuck on this for a little while now, would appreciate some guidance.

I am trying to get confirmed purchase receipt to show 2 weeks ahead like the learning portal answer but mine keeps only shows two weeks before. Been reading other posts about this and they all eventually switch to post and add a new line item called final shipping time at this stage I am not supposed to do that and want to get a better understanding of what is wrong.

Thanks

Best Answer

• @CJHKGZZ 

Its great that you managed to find a solution.

A negative number in a POST does not post it forward....its posts in backwards!

A great way of thinking about the difference between POST and OFFSET with regard to the reference is the following;

Think of POST as pushing data the source time period to the target time period.

Then think of OFFSET as pulling the data from source to target. 

A negative in POST will push the data back in time while it will be pulled forward in time when used in an OFFSET

Good luck the remainder of the training.

Chris 

Answers

• @rob_marshallthanks for showing me but i already saw that thread. I am still unable to understand it. The line item that I am asking for is order receipts not the order delivery.

• @CJHKGZZ 

The query in the IF statement is greater than zero ( >0 ) at no point does this condition return a true result so the IF returns zero.

Change the formula to be >=0 and the IF statement will follow the OFFSET outcome and push the data forward by the corresponding number of week periods. 

If the IF query is correct then find a product in which 'Confirmed PO Delivery', is greater than one and the OFFSET should work.

Chris 

• HI @CJHKGZZ ,

I think the formula for confirm purchase order receipt - IF Confirmed PO Delivery <> 0 THEN POST(Final Shipment Amount, Final Shipping Time Weeks) ELSE 0 

If you need the data to be posted to ahead as per the weeks use the post function. the values will be posted based on the Final Shipping Time weeks.

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

• @ChrisAHeathcote  @riyazpasha 

Thanks for replying. I figured it out in the end.

Later in the chapter it does require me to change to IF Confirmed PO Delivery > 0 THEN POST(Final Shipment Amount, Shipping Time Weeks) ELSE 0

But I realized that when I was using OFFSET, I had to write this OFFSET(Final Shipment Amount, -Shipping Time Weeks, 0) ELSE 0

I did not fully understand that I had to use the negative sign to make it go forward in time.