Level 1 Lesson 11.3.4 Activity: Add Formulas to Profit and Loss Report Module

Hi

I have a problem in fixing the formulas for the above lesson.  I have attached the screen shots for the first formula I was supposed to create which is for Headcount. 

REP03 Profit & Loss Headcount FormulaREP03 Profit & Loss Headcount FormulaError message displayed for the formulaError message displayed for the formula

Further, I would like to know whether the formula repeats itself for all the line items when you enter a formula for the Headcount in one country?  Appreciate some help. 

Answers

• @ThiruT 

See the error in red: Country Code is a text, you can't use SUM on text formatted line items

Your Formula: IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Headcount[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country Code] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals and Budget'.Headcount

Expected formula: IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Headcount[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals and Budget'.Headcount

Second Question: Yes, it will automatically calculate for each country in that particular line item as Formula is line item specific.

Hope that helps

Misbah

• Hi Isn't country text too?
  • There may be some Problem in Module creation since it might differ little bit to that formula given  and hence You are encountering the error..

You Can follow this step , it worked for me

Follow the syntax and dont blindly copy formula from learning...

Example (Here is the formula given in learning): IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Headcount[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actual and Budget'.Headcount

Instead the alternate way is following this step if encountered error

IF(First Type this ) 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast?(Here in this,locate this in the module and this automatically gets added to the formula ) THEN (type this) 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Headcount(Locate this in module and this adds up in the formula) 

Follow this step in the entire formula...Use the proper syntax and locate module ..

Hope this helps , Cheers !!!

• Hi

In jan20 in my model i am getting negative values i don't know where i got the wrong

Jreddy