Level 1 Model Building #E2 Employees import

Highlighted
New Contributor

Level 1 Model Building #E2 Employees import

Hello,

I can't get the Employee list import to work. I've tried all thinkable combinations of settings when importing the employee list to the #E2 Employees numbered list, se enclosed import page and error report. Can someone help me out?

/John, Anaplan beginner.Import completed 2.jpgImport completed 1.jpgImport page.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Level 1 Model Building #E2 Employees import

Hi John,

#E2 Employee list is a number list, We should not map a column from the source data to act as the name and unique identifier should be the CODE.

001.png

1.png

Check this link for more information,

https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Build%20Models/Lists_and_Roll-ups/Numbered_Lists/...

Regards,

Vignesh M

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi , 

I am having a similar issue. I receive the error message "

Item Name cannot be mapped for a numbered list when items are identified by Code or Combination of properties.

Run Import"

I also do not understand where I can delete the Source. Can you show a screen shot of what you are describing? The linked tutorial is not very clear. 

Thank you, 

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 10.27.09 PM.png 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

You have to place your cursor in the Source section of #E2 Employees and hit delete key, Look at the image below, it has to be like this.

CommunityMember117634_1-1578405081181.png

Regards,

Subramaniam Ganesan

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much, it worked. Have been struggling to set the maps but this worked

Highlighted

Thank you so much for the nice tutorial to sort out the employee information sir, I have seen this type of model building for lowes employees at myloweslife portal where all the employees of the company can login and check them employee benefits.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Vignesh, that did the trick! Deleting the entry was the clue.

Best,

John.