Level 1 Model Building Training

Hi,

In Level 1 Model building Training, i have created an input Module as follow

clipboard_image_0.png

The next step asks to import the data to this module, as given below

clipboard_image_1.png

When i am trying to import the data, what should i map the 'Volumes' line item to??

clipboard_image_1.png

Tagged:

Best Answer

• VIGNESH.M
    Answer ✓

HI,

Choose Fixed line item option from the dropdown, then go to the Line item tab and select volume line item.

~Vignesh M

Answers

• Got it, Thanks!!. realized now that my issue was with time format again, not line item.
  • @harsangeet ,

Your excel contains YYYYMM time format, you can use periods options to map the time.

Use it either Y-M option or YYYYMM.

001.png

Regards,

Vignesh M

• Hi

Quick question on the same topic,  when i tried to load it, I do as described above, but i get 52,152 fails, and 26,076 success.  

Looking at the view log i get the line Invalid period for format YYYYMM: 202001, Invalid period for format YYYYMM: 202002 etc a lot.  Have I not setup the time periods correctly, i only see 2019

• @alismith ,

Look to see what years are in your model.  Is 2020 a valid year?

• No, I only seem to have 2019 as a valid year.  How do I change that?

I checked all my 2019 data and it's perfect, it is just the future years.  

• @alismith ,

Look where you setup how many years that are in your model...Look in the Time Settings area.

• I think that is my main problem.

i am not seeing how to make more years, than the current.

i see mention of model calendar in Time range, but don't know how to modify itCapture.JPG

• @alismith,

Go to where you set up the Time for the model, not the module.

• Thanks, I worked it out, just after my last post.

• Do you have to make any changes to the options on the right as well?

satyamarora85_1-1584560066044.png

• I am going through Level 1 training as well.

I could successfully import the data for this module, however, I see the totals across the cells, instead of individual numbers.

Here is the mapping I used

Mapping.JPG

I can see the data as expected in the preview as shown above. When i import the data, I see a totals for each product (?) all across  as shown below. Can you please help ?

Module View.JPG

• @PG In the import settings, have you further looked into the time settings. Make sure you match the source format (201901) and target (Jan 19). 

• Thanks Satyam!

Please see the time settings I have used below. I have used 'YYYYMM' - which I thought would line up with 201901 and so on. Should I be selecting something else ?Time Settings.JPG

• @PG that seems fine. Can you also share a screenshot of your line items?

•  

Please see all the relevant screenshots. Thank you!

Blueprint.png

Volume Import.pngProduct Code.pngPivot.pngLocation code.JPG

• Thanks @PG. Your line items seem to have a subsidiary view (you will learn this in future lessons) - that grid icon you see after volumes in the first screenshot shouldn't be there. Basically what a subsidiary means/grid icon appears when your dimensionality for that specific line items varies from your overall model setting (time, version, lists). 

You can read more about it here - https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Build%20Models/Subsidiary_Views.html

Try to find out now by looking into this module carefully. Attached is a screenshot for mine if it helps.

• Thank you ! Is there an easy way to remove subsidiary view ? Sorry if I missed it in the link you sent.

• what you can do is create a new (test) module rev02 and test. By default, it doesn't create a subsidiary view when you create a new module. If works, you can delete the subsidiary view one. 

• Thank you! I have created a new module and deleted the old one. 

• Good, did you get the desired result?

• Yes, the data now shows up as expected. Thank you!

• Hi Guys, 

I am having the same problem on 10.2.2 Activity: Import Data into Non Employee Expenses Module

the Time settings isnt working and I dont understand why because I put in YYYYMM

Capture d’écran 2021-01-07 à 10.37.00.png

Capture d’écran 2021-01-07 à 10.45.05.png

Capture d’écran 2021-01-07 à 10.45.12.png

Capture d’écran 2021-01-07 à 10.54.37.png