harsangeet
Occasional Contributor

Level 1 Model Building Training

Hi,

In Level 1 Model building Training, i have created an input Module as follow

clipboard_image_0.png

The next step asks to import the data to this module, as given below

clipboard_image_1.png

When i am trying to import the data, what should i map the 'Volumes' line item to??

clipboard_image_1.png

23 REPLIES 23
alismith
Contributor

Thanks, I worked it out, just after my last post.

KARASAGE
New Contributor

Hi Guys, 

I am having the same problem on 10.2.2 Activity: Import Data into Non Employee Expenses Module

the Time settings isnt working and I dont understand why because I put in YYYYMM

Capture d’écran 2021-01-07 à 10.37.00.png

Capture d’écran 2021-01-07 à 10.45.05.png

Capture d’écran 2021-01-07 à 10.45.12.png

Capture d’écran 2021-01-07 à 10.54.37.png

    

SatyamArora
Frequent Contributor

Do you have to make any changes to the options on the right as well?

satyamarora85_1-1584560066044.png

PG
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am going through Level 1 training as well.

I could successfully import the data for this module, however, I see the totals across the cells, instead of individual numbers.

Here is the mapping I used

Mapping.JPG

I can see the data as expected in the preview as shown above. When i import the data, I see a totals for each product (?) all across  as shown below. Can you please help ?

Module View.JPG

SatyamArora
Frequent Contributor

@PG In the import settings, have you further looked into the time settings. Make sure you match the source format (201901) and target (Jan 19). 

PG
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Satyam!

Please see the time settings I have used below. I have used 'YYYYMM' - which I thought would line up with 201901 and so on. Should I be selecting something else ?Time Settings.JPG

SatyamArora
Frequent Contributor

@PG that seems fine. Can you also share a screenshot of your line items?

PG
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Please see all the relevant screenshots. Thank you!

Blueprint.png

Volume Import.pngProduct Code.pngPivot.pngLocation code.JPG

SatyamArora
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @PG. Your line items seem to have a subsidiary view (you will learn this in future lessons) - that grid icon you see after volumes in the first screenshot shouldn't be there. Basically what a subsidiary means/grid icon appears when your dimensionality for that specific line items varies from your overall model setting (time, version, lists). 

You can read more about it here - https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Build%20Models/Subsidiary_Views.html

Try to find out now by looking into this module carefully. Attached is a screenshot for mine if it helps.

PG
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you ! Is there an easy way to remove subsidiary view ? Sorry if I missed it in the link you sent.