Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Level 1 Model : Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result.

Hi, I am doing the same thing right now and I am getting the same error. Do you by any chance recall which of your datatype was incorrect?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Level 1 Model : Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result.

Hi @usman.zia,

Thank you !

I had created a EMP03 Module "Employee Drivers by Role" as instructed. Please find the attached screenshot for the same.   

Now where we will get the Data file to import into this module and we don't have role as a line item.What relationships we need to create in  SYS.08 Employee Details Module to resolve this? Before using this below mentioned formula,

Bonus - IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP03 Employee Drivers By Role'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

what other steps I need to follow to build the relationship in SYS.08 Employee Details.

Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hi @rahulharjai 

I have attached an image of the blue print for the sys.08 module.

You will need to import the data for line items that have no formula and make sure you have used the correct line item formats to enable the formula to work correctly. 

I hope this helps! 

Thanks,

Usman

Highlighted

Hi Usman -

I am having a similar issue than Joruss below.  When I try to build the formulas in EMP02 for the bonus, car allowance, etc I get the message: "Data type mismatch: format other than LIST or DATE being referenced as a relation".

I understand this to be an issue with my EMP03 data type not matching something, but unlike Joruss I can't figure out how to fix the data type.

Attached are the screenshots for the various modules and error message.

Thanks in advance for your help,

RP

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @Misbah 

Please find the attached screenshot for EMP02 Dimensions.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Boss

@rahulharjai 

Dimension seem to be matching. Can you please follow what @usman.zia has explained. I think it appears to be ordering of the instructions.

Thanks,

Misbah

Highlighted
New Contributor

@rahulharjai @Misbah Something is incorrect with the instructions. I have encountered the same exact issue.

From what I understand from the discussion, one possible solution is building a module titled EMP03. This step is not in the instructions and should be done on an Ad-hoc basis.

Highlighted
Contributor

The issue I have with the EMP02 module is that the lookups for the car, phone and medical benifits line item is not working properly because the EMP01 module does not include the time dimension.  So instead of getting a single value for these line items, I get an aggregation, for example for Sarah Engle, I get car cost of 1.8M instead of 800.  I don't know if this is addressed later in the course or not but I haven't figured out a way around it yet.  Any ideas?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Update: Discovered that the list used for EMP02 was a sub-list of G3 Location instead of #E2 Employees. Correcting this has corrected the dimension error, which makes sense. I'm unsure if the instructions are incorrect as I have not needed to create an additional module titled EMP03. All seems to be right.

Highlighted
New Contributor

@jai.kannan

Could you please provide the detailed steps so that we don't need to create an additional module titled EMP03.

Thanks