Level 2- Sprint 3- INV01 Inventory Ordering Module

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong with these formulas. @Misbah 
1. Beginning Inventory = 
IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Week of Timescale?' THEN 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory ELSE PREVIOUS(Ending Inventory)

2. Submit Purchase Order Request= OFFSET(PO Submitted, Shipping Time Weeks, 1) = 1

3. PO Submitted = IF Submit Purchase Order Request THEN 1 ELSE 0

4. Confirmed PO Delivery= IF PO Submitted > 0 THEN OFFSET(PO Submitted, Final Shipping Time Weeks, -1) ELSE 0

5. Confirmed Purchase Order Receipt= IF Confirmed PO Delivery > 0 THEN OFFSET(Final Shipment Amount, -Final Shipping Time Weeks, 0) ELSE 0

6.Shipping Time Weeks= 'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week'.'Shipping Time (Weeks)'[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product]

Best Answer

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@Jemsheed 

It is really important that you understand what the requirement is and what the formulae are doing. We will surely help to sail you through and guide you if there are any technical questions. 

1. Formula is correct but it is not as per best practices. Think how can you rewrite the same formula. For example I can rewrite "IF A then 1 else 2" statement with IF Not A then 2 else 1.(revisit the chapter in Level 2)

2. As far as I know this line item should not have any formulae, it should be left blank with boolean format.

3. Looks Correct

4. Looks Wrong. Explore the POST Functionality and see if you can replace OFFSET

5. Looks Wrong. Explore the POST Functionality and see if you can replace OFFSET

6. Check the dimensionality of your source module and see if you need more LOOKUPs.

Answers

• I have tried everyting for this POST, OFFSET no matter what I try I do not get the desired result

• @Misbah firstly thanks for all the comments you have put on various subjects - it is very helpful especially for level 2 when one is trying to learn independently 

With respect to this discussion: Confirm Purchase Order Receipt I thought the guidance notes provides the answer: 

• IF Confirmed PO Delivery > 0 THEN OFFSET(Suggested Order Amount for the Month, -Shipping Time Weeks, 0) ELSE 0 

or have I misunderstood this? Or is this as an update? 

Additionally for "Confirmed PO Delivery" you have recommeded POST - which I have tried and it works but the guidance is specifically asking to use OFFSET 

"Set the Confirmed PO Delivery line item to use the PO Submitted 1 value and OFFSET it based on the number of weeks between the order and delivery.

• For example, if a PO Submitted has a value in Week 1 and the Shipping Time Weeks has a value of 2, there would be a value of 1 in the Confirmed PO Delivery line item in Week 3.
    • Use the OFFSET function and reference the Shipping Time Weeks line items (should pull the value from the periods prior)."

If I use POST would that work for the exam?

• @TParikh 

Apologies for the delay.

You are absolutely right. If you are going sequentially then yes you will have to use OFFSET first. Later in the chapter/lesson you will be asked to replace OFFSET with POST. Intention here is to explain to you the use cases of POST.

Hope that helps

Misbah

• Hi, 

I have an issue on this step some of my lines are not charging the data so perhaps something is wrong ? 

Such as the override amount and I dont understand why ? 

• I am unable to clear the Level 2 - Sprint 3 - Exam - I am getting maximum 60% only that New York question says incorrect answer and Other formulas also not able to figure out. Please help.

• HI

6. Shipping Time (Weeks) = Shipping Time (Week)