Level 2 Sprint 3 INV01 Inventory Ordering

@Misbah 

1. Shipping Costs = Final Shipment Amount / 1000 * 'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week'.'Cost per 1000 Units'[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product, LOOKUP: Shipping Method]

Is there any problem with this formula?

2. Safety stock Target = WEEKVALUE('DAT04 Distribution Center Parameters'.Weekly Safety Stock)

Safety Stock Exception Count = IF Ending Inventory < Safety Stock Target THEN 1 ELSE 0

I am getting '0' as values for safety stock target.

Anything I have got to correct here?

Best Answer

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@Jemsheed 

Review Safety Stock Target Value. I don't think the requirement is to bring week values. Also it would be great if you don't copy your exact formula on the community. Just rephrase it appropriately we should be able to help you if there are any technical issues

Answers

• As Safety Stock is maintained in DAT04 Distribution Center Parameters and it has HALFYEAR as time scale, use a function similar to YEARVALUE to populate the half-yearly number in weeks in INV01 module.

• I'm currently experiencing a similar issue in which I'm getting nothing but 0's for Safety Stock Target.

The DAT04 Distribution Center Parameters module has the same dimensionality with the exception of time, which is set to half years.

On the INV01 Inventory Ordering, if I simply reference DAT04 Distribution Center Parameters, I get 0's across the board. If I wrap that in a WEEKVALUE() formula, I still get 0's across the board. I even tried to wrap in YEARVALUE() just to see what that would give me but again all 0's.

Previous sprint had me set the summary method for DAT04 module to None. 

Any suggestions on what might be happening?