Level 2 sprint 3 Build Distribution Summary Dashboard

In the activity following instructions were given, where I am confused with the highlighted one

kunal_311_0-1597232144254.png

1) Applying a filter to DAT01 Beginning Inv -  I am confused as in how to show which Product SKU is stored at which distribution center, what i thought was in the line item Nutzo bar EN SKU & New york as distribution center should be equal. is that not correct?

kunal_311_1-1597232350325.png

2) SYS 07 & 08 want to show label of selected DC & Product. but I am confused about how to acheive that. As i am not seeing any option in DB to enable that

kunal_311_2-1597232513361.png

Tagged:

Comments

• @kunal_311 

Pivot your SYS07 module and bring your Line items to Rows and Distribution Center to Pages

Pivot your SYS08 module and bring your Line items to Rows and SKUs to Pages

That should give you what you want

Hope that helps

Misbah

• @kunal_311 

On Point 1 - I think you can pivot it and bring SKUs and DC in rows and Line items in Columns and apply filter on SKU/DC combination and not on line items.

Note: It's been long since I have taken this course

• Yupp got this one
  • Hi @Misbah 

Pivot part understood, Coming on formula, still not able to encode it

The Excercise statement said - Filter to only show which product SKUs are stored at each Distribution Center 

which means filter needs to set on the mapping of product SKU & DC. which I tried implementing filtering on SYS08 module as it has both DC as well as product details , but not getting the result, can you please help me with the understanding.

• @Misbah 

I was able to figure it out. Thank You for your guidance.

• I'm still stuck on this exact spot...any tips that helped you get past the hurdle? I'm now headed towards needing to make an additional line item, which doesn't feel right.

Thanks,

-R

• TRY with line items from SYS07 module, DAT01 module and SYS08 module 

• Hi 

appreciate some directions..

I bringing month ending, inventory balance values for different SKU's from Module INV01 to Module INV04  .

Here INV01 : Weekly Time, P3 SKU 

Here INV04 : Monthly Time, Distribution centre locations

I wrote: 

IF NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.First Week of Timescale? THEN PREVIOUS('INV01 Inventory Ordering'.Ending Inventory) ELSE 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Invent

The result I get is like below, i.e. Feb 20, inventory of New York  reads 115,941...but the 115,941 is the ALL Product-All Location total for Feb20. Its duplicated.

Augustus_0-1601817698179.png

source module

Augustus_1-1601817857291.png

--

Augustus_2-1601817887904.png

•  Dimensions of INV01 module are Time, Distribution centre locations and  INV04 module are Time, P3 SKU.

Mismatch dimension Distribution centre locations, P3 SKU.

You have Beginning Inventory Data in INV01 module.

In INV04 module T.B Inventory you need to sum the Beginning Inventory according to Distribution Center locations.

Since the dimensions do not match you need to make use of another module.

• Hi Swapnil

Thank you for direction, I tried below...

IF NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.First Week of Timescale? THEN 'INV01 Inventory Ordering'.Ending Inventory[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center'] ELSE 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory gave an error msg like below.

Augustus_2-1601854676448.png

However I need to bring...Monthly Ending Inventory (in other words Monthly Beginning inventory Feb 20, sku1 + sku2 + sku 3 to calculate the fill rate for Feb 20, based on the location capacity, refer target module screenshot)

with previous function I get the total All product i.e 115,941 total duplicated to each sku, any method to extend the formula? 

my attempts.

IF NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.First Week of Timescale? THEN PREVIOUS('INV01 Inventory Ordering'.Ending Inventory) ELSE 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory

IF NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.First Week of Timescale? THEN 'INV01 Inventory Ordering'.Beginning [LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center'] Inventory ELSE 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory

IF NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.First Week of Timescale? THEN 'INV01 Inventory Ordering'.Beginning [SUM: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product, SUM: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center'] Inventory ELSE 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory

Augustus_0-1601854326825.png

Augustus_1-1601854568486.png

• You have already created the formula for Beginning Inventory line item in INV01 module.

You don't need to rewrite that formula in T.B  Inventory line item INV04 module.

try with this : 

INV01.BEGINNING INVETORY[SUM: ......]

• Hi Swapnil

Appreciate the direction, Thank you.

• @kunal_311 Please help me how to figure this out. I am stuck at the point of Distribution center - Product SKU Grid.

Thanks in Advance

• FYI @mmanocha @kunal_311 I have moved this post to the Academy & Training forum.