Level Model 2 Sprint 1 - Create System Modules. Import Using Blueprint View or Grid View

Hi Guys, 

I just started with LM2, already having questions. I'm pretty sure I'll have many more down the road.

In the activity, when it says 

SYS05 Region Details module: SYS06 Country Details module:

Few questions I have:

1. Do I use Data View or Blueprint View to Import. I understand Blueprint View is used when only structural import is needed and no data.

So if I do blueprint view (I believe there is no data we are trying to import here, just structure), in the SYS06 module it creates additional line items with all the countries which I don't think is right.

What am I doing wrong in the import mapping? 

2. What is a general rule when it comes to deciding between grid import and blueprint import. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 1.08.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 1.07.19 PM.png

Answers

• Hi,

Adding what I know here,

Choosing the import view depends on what we are trying to achieve,

Blueprint view - Only for the structural change

Grid View - Only for Data/Metadata load

It seems you are trying to load the metadata(parent/code) of the country list, so you should use Grid import.

Regards,

Vignesh M

• Thanks @VIGNESH.M thats my understanding as well.

Can you please verify (screenshots) what is wrong that I am doing in the mapping because thats not the believe the final result should be (other screenshot).

I believe the countries should not list up like that..

Thanks!

• Hi @SatyamArora,

What are you trying to achieve here, can you share the screenshot of the import file.

If you are trying to load the parent/country code information in the module, then blueprint import is not the right option. As mentioned in my previous post, you need to use grid import for loading the metadata.

~Vignesh M

• ok, I figured what I was doing wrong.

Thanks for your help 🙂

• I am trying to import from grid view but getting error whatever I do.

Can anyone help me?

sguptatalkingrain_1-1597603903595.png

sguptatalkingrain_0-1597603845172.png

• @sguptatalkingrain Not sure I understand the screenshot which you attached. Looks like you are trying to load data into a module for Region Code. Do you really need to do that? If you already have a code for Regions in a list, you should try to refer the code of the list in the module using a function rather than loading the code.

Hope this helps

Ashish 

• Thank you.I figured it out.

• @sguptatalkingrain Glad to know.

Keep learning and keep sharing!!!

Ashish Banka

• Hi,
    Can you please share how you did it. I am getting the same error.
  • Hi,

You need not to import anything in Sys05 Region module.

Make sure that you have imported Region Flat list correctly.

sguptatalkingrain_0-1597778406532.png

Please let me know if that works!