Level1: EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role does not return any data

New Contributor

Level1: EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role does not return any data

Hi Experts,

Below formula does not return any data, i tried many different types but it does not work. but the EMP01 employee driver returns the data.

'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus % [LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department]

Regards,

Kiran.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Level1: EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role does not return any data

Hi @kmanku ,

Could you please provide your Target the line Item you are writing the formula for. I had done the level 1 a while back and I don't recall the details by heart.

Also, if you could, please send screenshots.

-Einas

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the response, this is happening when calculating the Bonus in "EMP02 Employee Expenses" , Bonus % is available in "EMP03 Employee Driver by Role" when i write a formula to get the bonus % it is not pulling any data from the "EMP03 Employee Driver by Role".

i did not get any error in the formula, but it did not get any data back. not sure how can i debug the issue as well.

kmanku_0-1587740688637.png

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi @kmanku 

Your formula looks correct to me, Can you drill down by pressing F8 the bonus line item of your EMP02 Employee Expenses??

• First check you Employee? is checked or not if not then it will take else condition which is 0
  • Check whether your salary has some number or not? and also check the bonus %? if any of them is 0 then output will be 0.

Thanks

Akhtar

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

Emp is  active and Salary and Bonus % is exist, i have checked all that. 

i have removed the if condition and checked as well.

Regards,

Kiran.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi @kmanku 

Can you send me the Screenshot of SYS08 Employee details and Drill down of EMP02 module for 1 one of the active employee?

Thanks

Akhtar

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi @kmanku 

As you mentioned you have salary and bonus % data then one of the possibilities I can think of your SYS08 module are missing either Role or Department Mapping with the employee so that your lookup is not working properly

Thanks

Akhtar

Highlighted
New Contributor

thanks for the response, i did check the SYS08 module it has data in department and Role data populated. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi @kmanku 

Can you please share the screenshot of your Bonus line item (drill down) of EMP02 module and EMP03 module?

Thanks

Akhtar