Please see details on the attachment.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Linking module from Line Item to a List type

Hi @Jsdeloria21 

This shouldn't be too difficult if you can define the following:

Looking at the information you are missing the relationship for defining the 'TAT Special Survey Rates' from the first module. Is there a rule for how this should work?

Also how are you allocating the transaction number to each row in the source module?

How do you allocate each row in the first module to the 'TAT Special Survery Rates'? 

If you can answer these it would really help.

Thanks,

Usman

Highlighted
Community Boss

Hi Usman,

Appreciate the response. 

I created a document to show the relationship also as the expected results from Source Module to Target Module (see attachment). 

I hope with this I answered the question. Let me know if there are any clarification

Regards,

Highlighted

Thanks @Jsdeloria21 

I understand now - 

Essentially you need to map the line items -

1 Line item - 'EMP Train STRONGLY AGREE' = List Item -  'Stongly Agree.....'

2 Line item - 'EMP Train AGREE' = List Item - 'Agree...'

3 Line item - 'EMP Train DISAGREE' = List Item - 'Disagree...'

4 Line item - 'EMP Train STRONGLY DISAGREE' = List Item - 'Strongly Disagree...' 

There is a few ways to do this. 

I would recommend that you replicate your final module 'TAT Special Staging' to calculate what the final result should be.

Then create a formula that essentially selects the correct line item based on which list item  it is for the 'Survey Score'. This will require an IF statement such as  IF ITEM(List) = List Item   'Stongly Agree.....' =  THEN  'EMP Train STRONGLY AGREE ELSE IF....... to cover all options. 

Then import this module into your final module if the import method is what is required as both modules will be the same.

I hope this is helps.

Thank,

Usman

Highlighted

@Jsdeloria21 

I must say, the dimensionality does look a little odd.  What is your ultimate goal?.  You do have extra dimensionality for some line items.  Metric Name and Processor for example don't change by score, so those line items are taking more space and calculation space than needed

As @usman.zia  the simplest way is using an IF.  In this case as there are only 4 elements it's OK, but this construct shouldn't be used when you get many, many IFs.  You would need to use a line item subset and lookup formula instead

However, I think there is still one piece missing

Is your Metric Type Rank # a formatted list?  It looks like this is the other "link" between the two modules

If it is, then you can use a SUM formula for each line item to pull in the values referencing the TAT Satisfaction Rank#

e.g.DD F&A - HR_TAT Special.EmpTrain - Agree[SUM:DD F&A - HR_TAT Special.Metric Type Rank #]

I hope this helps

David