Linking subsets to a new list

If i have created 5 subsets from a long list and a new list (Subset 1 to 5). Is there a way i can set the formula in my properties of my longlist to command that all items included in the subset 1 shall be tagged as part of the new list for Subset 1 instead of doing it manually? Thanks in advance! Appreciate your help! 🙂

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @elaine.novel 

I don't think you can do this by formula (unless proven otherwise).

But this can be updated via an import process.

If you create saved views of all the subsets with a boolean line item which you can use a formula of TRUE via boolean format. Then you can create an action to import these views into the new subset list property. This will update subset items. 

I hope this helps and if you have any questions please do let me know.

Thanks

Usman

• Hi @usman.zia 

Appreciate your response. The import cannot be an option. I will need to tag the subset to the new list because the dropdown will be the new list. I tried to create a property though in the long list but I was thinking if there is a better way to do it.  🙂

• Hi Elaine,

I'm still confused with your requirements.

What do you mean by tagging? Can you create an example of what list 1 and list 2 are? What are the name of the subsets, and what business problems you're trying to solve?

Thanks,

LipChean

• Hi @LipChean_Soh 

The requirement is this: i will have to create random subsets in let's say "the long list". Let's say 5 subsets.

Then i will have to create a new list, which will serve as the dropdown in my adjustment module. The new list will contain SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4 and SS5. I need to create a new list because in my adjustment, i will need to select from the new list.

However, the new list should to connected to the 5 random subsets that i first selected from the "long list". Just so when i select SS1, my adjustments will allocate to the first subset, if SS2, to the 2nd subset and so on. 

Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks again,

Elaine

• Thanks David, appreciate this! 🙂