List parent in module along with time columns

Options

Hi there,

I would like to add a parent column for the list in my module.

I want to create the following module which shows the list parent in the second column:

ddevine_1-1655310938880.png

At the moment I have the left and right side of the image as that part is a straightforward pivot:

Page = volumes line item.

Rows = Customer-SKU list, where Customer is the parent of Customer-SKU.

Columns = Time dimension.

The second column is the issue.  This is the parent of the Customer-SKU list item.  I want to add this as the Excel export of this module requires it.

I get that I can create the parent as a line item, but the volumes are also brought in with a line item.  I could use these line items as columns but I wont get the same layout as above. I’d instead get:

ddevine_0-1655311612354.png

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Declan

Best Answer

• ryan_kohn
    Answer ✓
    Options

If the purpose is solely for export and not for display in the UX, it will be simpler to add the parent as a property to the underlying list, and then leverage the Labels feature of the export definition to add the property as a column to the export.

Documentation here: https://help.anaplan.com/81366994-661c-49d7-92fd-b802caba7fc6-Export-data-in-a-grid-layout

Optionally, in Labels, if the export contains a list, select the list labels you want to include in the export.
    You can include list item names, codes, and properties.

See example screenshot below.

ryan_kohn_0-1655312950879.png

Answers