Look up for future periods

Hello,

What's the formula for looking up only future periods? 

In our module Professional Services Forecasting, I have actuals up to and including current period and blue inputs for forecast / future periods.

We then have a module that groups various job codes called Professional Services Profitability. This already splits out actuals into different categories. When I add in the forecasting lines, it then double counts the actuals. 

So, how do I pull the information from Professional Services Forecasting into Professional Services Profitability for future periods only?

As you can see from the screenshot, Jan - July are duplicates of the total cross charge. It's only the August only values that I want to pull through. Please note, I've not updated the "Total Cross Charge £" sub total yet.

zhaddow_0-1659001156488.png

Hope this makes sense!

Many thanks,

Zoe 

Answers

• Hi @zhaddow 

You can put IF <Actual periods> then 0 else Professional Services Forecasting.<source line item>

You have to calculate what is <actual periods> in a saparate line item.

• Adding more details try creating this :

Anurag0911_0-1659008494935.png

Then use the is else to populate the values according. for the above, you simply have to use "CURRENTPERIODSTART() < START()" in the forecast and the opposite in the current period. 

You can create a new module as I did or maybe use the same module with a Boolean format to do this. 

Hope it was helpful

Anurag