Lookup data from two line items with different format and "applies to" lists.

Highlighted

Lookup data from two line items with different format and "applies to" lists.

Hi, 

My current build has been full of surprises. Right now I need to lookup start dates for new employees, but, the module I am building and the model from where I need to take the data, both use different lists. As you can imagine the lookup does not work and I cannot just pull data directly over without a formula. Do any of you have any tips on how I can work around this? 

To explain more in detail. 

I have a module, call it X, with a line item called "employee start date". This module has a flat list called "FL-Employees" (containing all the employee's names). The line item in module X shall draw its data from the line item "employee start date" (date formatted line item) in module Y. But, each date should be identified to an employee, thus, I need to do a formula similar to: Employee start date (in module X) = Employee start date (module Y) [lookup: employee name (also module Y). However, the line item "employee name" in module Y is formatted as a list (the same as module X, FL-employee) and lookup does not work. 

Kind Regards, 

Gabriel Ekman 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Lookup data from two line items with different format and "applies to" lists.

Hi @CommunityMember117741 

Do see if the following works:

Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 19.33.55.png

The other keyword that you might want to use instead is LASTNONBLANK, depending what your requirement is.

Thanks,

LipChean

Highlighted

Re: Lookup data from two line items with different format and "applies to" lists.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gabriel