Mac Versus PC - Different Browsers - What works and what doesn't on Anaplan?

usman.zia
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Mac Versus PC - Different Browsers - What works and what doesn't on Anaplan?

Thanks for sharing all! 

I have definitely learnt some things I didn't know! 

Does anyone know if it is possible to have the excel addin on a mac yet? 

Thanks,

Usman

rob_marshall

Re: Mac Versus PC - Different Browsers - What works and what doesn't on Anaplan?

@usman.zia 

Excel Add-in on a Mac, no, not at this time.  The only way you can do that is by installing a virtual Windows instance on your Mac and I am thinking that is not what you are asking.

Rob

CallumW
Certified Master Anaplanner

I'm quite surprised by this - does anyone know if this is on the development timeline?

@MagaliP 

usman.zia

Thanks @rob_marshall 

I'm aware of this but I was interested to see if there was a specific mac excel product that been developed. 

Does anaplan keep a track of the number of mac users versus pc users? 

Because if theres not many then I can assume there won't be a development of a mac excel addin?

rob_marshall

@usman.zia @CallumW ,

To answer both of your questions, I am not for sure.  But there is a link on Idea Exchange:

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Excel-Add-in-for-Mac/idi-p/47916

Rob

CallumW
Certified Master Anaplanner

Thanks for the link @rob_marshall , have upvoted the idea as I've worked with a number of clients on Mac and this would be a welcome development!

chris_hall
Contributor

Completely agree re a version for Mac of both add-ins (and also just upvoted on Idea Exchange).

As a further extention of this, are there any plans to create versions of the Excel/Powerpoint add-ins which will work with Office online (and which would therefore work irrespective of whether you're on a PC or Mac)?  I know this was raised a while back when v3.x of Excel was first released but I've not heard anything since.  This will definitely be an increasing need in the coming years as more and more users convert from desktop to online versions of Office.

MagaliP
Community Boss

Hi all,

Thank you for your interest in the Excel add-in.

At the moment, we have no plans to develop a Mac version nor an online version because we have so far identified a higher demand for Office on premise and Windows. We are regularly reviewing the need for Mac and online versions so I would be happy to discuss with you when we kick off a new piece of user research on this topic. In the meantime, you can upvote the existing idea for Mac and create a new one for online Office on the Idea Exchange.

Magali Pelissier, Product Manager - Extensions (Excel Add-in, PowerPoint Add-in, Google Sheets Add-on)
Check out our dedicated Community page in the Platform section!
chris_hall
Contributor

Thanks @MagaliP , would certainly be interested in discussing this when you start doing user research on it.

In the meantime have taken up the suggestion of submitting add-ins for Office Online to Idea Exchange - the link is https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Excel-and-Powerpoint-add-ins-for-Office-Online/idi-p/... in case anyone wants to lend their support.

usman.zia

@chris_hall  Definitely the right steps forward if an online / 365 office addin is added got my support!