Make a Line item Sign Change

neg177
Regular Contributor

Make a Line item Sign Change

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to make a line item that I'm drawing data into from a flat file to make the numbers coming in negative. I have a Flat File where the numbers are negative on the Flat File, but need them to be positive in Anaplan (Vice Versa). How would I go about this without completely changing my Flat File. 

Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6
AWhitworth
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Make a Line item Sign Change

Hi,

I don't believe you can do this using the import action but I would normally set up a second line item in the same module which references your imported data line item and changes the signage that way. 

JaredDolich
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Agree with @AWhitworth 

There is an alternative to adding another line item though. If you have the time, I HIGHLY recommend Simon Tucker's video on best practices for signage. 5:30 minutes. Totally worth it. Simon's videos are some of the best.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Best-Practices/Modeling-Best-Practices-Video-Series-2-Signage-Conve...

Jared Dolich
rob_marshall

@JaredDolich 

I think you might need some sleep, that was David, not Simon.

JaredDolich
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@rob_marshall HAHAHAHA! I was sure it was Simon. @DavidSmith wherever you are, my apologies!!

Jared Dolich
Kanishq17
Community Boss

Hi @neg177 , you can create a second line item and multiply the imported value by -1, and use that calculated line item 

neg177
Regular Contributor

That works, Thank you