Manage Import Data Sources - Timing

Hi team,

How long does Anaplan retain a file that has been uploaded to the 'Manage Import Data Sources' item in the Action Settings?

It seems to retain the data for a certain length of time and then if you attempt to edit the Action to which the uploaded data is associated with you will receive the attached error

Thanks

Mark

Best Answer

Answers

• @JaredDolich 

Just one question in this regard;

What If one model builder has imported the file in private mode and then after 48 hours duration the other model builder wants to check/update the mapping of that import action? 

As per my understanding apart from re importing the file and updating the mode to admin or everybody will help to check/update the mapping of that import action. But What about the scenario if the file is no longer available with anyone ? 

• @Jitendra.Vishnolia 

Great observation!

In that case if the default file is set to private, then the file will have to be uploaded again after 48 hours of non-use.

Here's the Anapedia page that explains how the default file is set and what happens when/if it's changed.

I keep this image in my OneNote file. Its one of those images that I felt was worth keeping because I refer to it all the time.

DefaultFile.png

• @JaredDolich ;

Thanks for sharing this information. 

Regards,

Jitendra

• @Jitendra.Vishnolia 

One other thing I forgot to mention. And I will admit this is NOT scientific or probably even best-practice.

If you use data integration for export like Anaplan Connect, the APIs, or one of the native connectors with one of the ETL tools, I found it helpful to first delete the file first before exporting and subsequently downloading. I had posed a similar question on this earlier in the hopes of coming up with a best practice. I do this because sometimes the export file doesn't update, especially if the view changes that is used to create the export. But I can't prove it - my tests are inconclusive. 

So if you know what's going on, please let me know!