Impressive solution. I knew it could be done in Anaplan.
I wish I had read this a while ago.
I think this challenge might be a common one and worth making a best practice out of what you've explained in your word document:
I had to do something similar for a client that needed to convert GL transactions into a common exchange rate based on the cost center, region, and transaction type.
They had a lot of wildcards; for example, if the cost center started with "110" then use a certain value.
I created a system module for each dimension and one that only contained the exceptions (combinations of the three dimensions) instead of creating one for every possible combination. If the combination returned was blank then I knew i didn't need to go any further.
Also a system module that mapped the needed exchange rate.
From there I used the Booleans.
Since most transactions needed no conversion the Booleans filter them out first.
@MaoNinomiya situation is far more complicated than mine but the concepts appear to be the same.
Thanks again for taking the time to build this out. I kept a copy - I'm sure I'll run into this situation again.