Mapping issues related to Activity 8.5.3

Hi,

Need help in this Level 1 Model Building exercise.

Though I did not get any errors after importing the data and mapping, the G3 Location Tab does not look right.

Secondly, the pivot table in the line item view has to be changed. The volume needs to be before the Nutzo Bar. See mark up on Line Item screenshot (attached file). I do not know how to change the line item view.

Appreciate help to figure this out.

Thanks

Best Answers

• Volumes are referred to as the line items in the pivot.

Move this box into pages to match the requirements.
  • @Jacob3 That's a great question. Look at the screenshot below:

ashishbanka_0-1630274684016.png

On your Point #1: Mapped To column values do align with "Target Item" values (the green color confirm that the values in "Target Items" are mapped to one of the source values. You can also confirm by checking the code of "New York" in G3 Location list and seaching for the same code in Source module G3 Location column). The reason the do not see New York as the first value in "Mapped To" column due to sequence in which source values are displayed. As source values as "codes" of G3 Location, Anaplan automatically maps it to the Mapped To values code. Hence the Green color. You can also the the radio button selected in above sreenshot which might help your understanding.

On Point #2: Target Item shows all the values which are part of the hierarchy (rollup) but grays out the items which cannot be mapped as part of the rollup. As the mapping is between G3 Location code of Source to G3 Location name of Target, the rollup values in Target Items are ignored.

On Pivoting: The Line Item which you see while pivoting is a container of all the line items created in the module. Once you drag the Line Item to Pages, you should be able to see the values in the Line Item container which would be "Volumes" as suggested by @ChrisAHeathcote 

ashishbanka_0-1630275455827.png

AB

Answers

• @Jacob3 On your first point: " Though I did not get any errors after importing the data and mapping, the G3 Location Tab does not look right", just wondering why do you think the G3 Location mapping tab does not look right. If you check G3 Location List, you must have codes associated with each List item. So we you can use the source data code to map to the G3 Location list item in mapping and this the the recommended approach.

On your second point: "Secondly, the pivot table in the line item view has to be changed. The volume needs to be before the Nutzo Bar. See mark up on Line Item screenshot (attached file). I do not know how to change the line item view.", you can change the view by clicking on the pivot icon and moving line item (which stores "Volumes" to Page.

AB

• Hi Ashish,

The reason I mentioned is, on the tab named "G3 Location", mapping does not look right is because 

1. the location names in the "Mapped To" column does not align with locations in the "Target Items" column. Shouldn't they be aligned?

2. The country names names show in the "Target Items" column. Yes, I see the roll up of the locations to the country (greyed out) are correct. New York, Chicago, etc. rolling up to US. But should it be displayed in the "Target Items" column?

On the second problem I am trying to resolve, "Volumes" is not one of the line items in the pivot table I can drag and move. Please see attached file. So I am not sure how to make "Volumes" a draggable item.

Appreciate your guidance.

Jacob

• Hi All,

I have attached two screenshots, one which the Level 1 Model Builder course expects one to create and the second my current model view.

When I open the pivot table "Volumes" is not one of the items in the Pages, Rows or Columns sections to move to the Pages section.

• Thanks you Chris. I was looking for the text "Volumes" in the pivot earlier and since I could not find it I thought I was doing something wrong.

Appreciate your help

Jacob

• Thanks Ashish for the detailed explanation. As I mentioned in reply to @ChrisAHeathcote suggestion it did not occur to me that Volumes were part of the Line Item in the pivot table.

Thanks for your help

Jacob