Max value in a time dimension

Hello!

I'm trying to get the maximum value of the item test1 in the time range FY19-FY30 and then use that value in an operation in item2. Any idea?
In the example screenshot I attached, the maximum value of item 1 is 10 (FY30). In item2, I would like to do the operation 10*line item3.

pabloSB_0-1636417870647.png

Any suggestions to obtain the max value (10)????
Thanks!
Pablo

Best Answers

Answers

• Another thing you can try is to do a timesum with aggregation method set to MAX. This is slightly heavier than the other methods suggested but just wanted to put it on the table. You'd need to have a current period setup in time settings for this to work. 

ankit_cheeni_0-1636438265700.png

• @ankit_cheeni 

Please do not use TimeSum() in a module dimensionalized by Time as it is a major performance hit.   Take a look at this video for more information about it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvimWuX5jVw

@pabloSB A better solution that creates less calculations but gives you the same answer is to create a new module with a single line item named Total with the formula TimeSum('PV1 - Investor Returns,-99,99,MAX).  Now, a) the calculation is kicked off only once vs. the Select:time.All Time Periods was being kicked of for every month.

Hope this helps,

Rob

• thanks for the response, super helpful! it works perfect!

Pablo

• @rob_marshall

thanks for the response, super helpful! it works perfect!