Mimic excel pivot functions

Hi All,

IN Excel you can double click on any value in a pivot table and it will show you the underlying records that correspond to the output you clocked on. I have a Module dimensioned by a numbered list that holds imported data. From that I am creating an output table that looks very similar to the Pivot (people used to use). Without having to ask the user to select filter options (using a filter module on the raw data table) is there a way in Anaplan to mimic the Pivot double click option??

Answers

• You can use a specific behavior of Anaplan:

- put the dimensions you want the users to select as dimension of the data module (cost center, time whatever)

- for all line items in this module, remove these dimensions (it will create subsidiary views)

- create a "filter" boolean line item with the default dimensions of the module

- make a formula that's TRUE when the data is equal to the diemsnion ITEM(Dimension)

- display the module of a dashboard by filtering on that filter line item

- you module is going to sync with the dimensions selected by the user and be in sync

• Thanks Nathan,

IN theory that could work but would create too much sparsity in my model as I would have to dimension by some pretty long lists.

• Hi,
    If you are using a composite hierarchy you can use two modules each presenting the data at different levels. If the tables are synchronised the use can click on a parent in a summary table and second table which has been formatted to show the detail will only show the detail relating to that parent item.
  • Hi Michael,

Have you tried Drill To Transaction (Right click on any cell -> Drill to Transaction). This does require setting up the output module in a very specific way, ie. using sum formulas against all the dimensions.
    The result is exactly like the excel pivot double click

Let me know if you need more details

Regards,
    Anirudh