Modeling

Hi Team,

Below is my requirement, Could any one please help me?

I need to publish the latest inserted list item to Dashboard. How to proceed? 

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hi @prash248 

The following works if the list you're working on is a numbered list:

1. Num List 2 is the child of Num List 1. The method i'm suggesting works for any new Numbered List created under any parent, i.e. Num List 1.Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 08.46.10.png

2. I put in some dummy members in Num List 1, Num List 2. Note that Num List 2 have members starting with '#' because it's a numbered list.

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 08.46.22.png .                   Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 08.46.32.png 

3. The module 'Num List 2 Details' is created. Set summary method of 'Number' to 'Max'.

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 08.46.55.png

4. Blueprint of 'Num List 2 Details'.

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 08.47.01.png

5. 'Lookup Module 4' is created to capture the largest number from 'Num List 2 Details'.Number, and turn that into 'Num List 2'.

You can then publish 'Lookup Module 4'.'Latest Num List 2'.

Note that the '4' in 'Lookup Module 4' is arbitrary, i have 3 other 'Lookup Module' in my test model.

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 08.47.14.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-24 at 08.47.20.png

Thanks,

LipChean

Answers

• HI @prash248,

My recommendation is to create 2 line items 'Filter for New Items' and 'Snapshot' in the system module (Dimension by the list).

Put 'Not Snapshot' as a formula for 'Filter for New Items'

Create an import action to copy the information from 'Filter for New Items' to 'Not Snapshot'. Note: Saved view should have a filter on 'Filter for New Items' as true. Then include this action at the first in the process which updates the list.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Kaivn.

• could you please explain in detail ?

• @prash248 

When you load data into anaplan you want to identify the new items as @kavinkumar mentions.

If you have already loaded data into anaplan previously you will have data in place to compare to the new data. 

This will then allow you to understand which new items have been created. 

If the data is used to create the list items in the list you need to compare the existing data to the new data before it is used to create new items. 

To do this you can use the finditem formula on existing items in the list and the finditem will not find the new items until they are added to the list.

The you can use a boolean to determine the items which are not found in the finditem line item and this will then show the new items. 

I hope this helps! 

Thanks,

Usman

• Hi @prash248 

Do see if the following works:

1. I have a simple list, i.e. Cost Center. It has 3 existing members, i.e. CC 1, CC 2, CC3

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 13.05.24.png

2. A System module, i.e. Cost Center Details is created.

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 13.06.31.png

3. The blueprint of 'Cost Center Details' is shown below.

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 13.06.38.png

4. A Saved View called 'New CC' is created with the following filter. This saved view will be published in the dashboard in step 6 below. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 13.06.58.png

5. A process with the 2 import actions below is created.

5.1 'Load Cost Center Details' copy 'Cost Center Details.True Flag' --> 'Cost Center Details.Old?' This step marks existing Cost Center members with a TRUE flag.

5.2 Create Cost Center is an import action that adds new Cost Center members. In my case, i'm using a Cost Center.csv with 3 members, i.e. CC X, CC Y, CC Z.

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 13.09.58.png

6. The process and saved view are published in an Admin Page dashboard.

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 13.08.52.png

7. Attached below shows the results of the newly created Cost Center.

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 13.09.06.png

Thanks,

LipChean

• Thanx @LipChea

but I want to publish only the latest(sinlge) inserted list item to dashboard not entire list.

• thanks @LipChean_Soh 

I think this solution best fits to my requirement.