Module with Users List

I have a module with two dimensions, Users List and Line Items.

Ideally, we would like two Boolean formatted line items (Single Sign-on and Workspace Administrator,). Is there a way to import / write a formula into the module that pulls the information from the users section under model settings? This could apply to model role & selective access too. 

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @ckryan 

I don't believe you can export or pull properties from the users list. 

You're only able to import properties / attributes into the users list from a file or export from it

If anyone has solution I would interested to see too!

Thanks,

Usman

• @ckryan 

Just adding to @rob_marshall export

Afterwhich, you can then re-import the data into your module. I think that's what you were after.

If you can automate that, that would be a pretty nice workaround.

• @JaredDolich ,

Thanks for the pickup, yes, I forgot the little nugget of importing the csv you just exported to the module.  Thanks bud!

Rob

• Great workaround @rob_marshall 

But is there currently any scope to be able to do this Anaplan without having to export? 

I know that one of the challenges is having multiple access items in one line item cell that is formatted by that list only by text.

Thanks,

Usman

• @usman.zia ,

Great question, but currently no but it is something our Product team will be working on this year.

Rob

• @usman.zia ,

I didn't answer your second question, yes, if you have multiple Selective access members, you can utilize the 2nd radio button on the export to achieve a 1:1 relationship and then import that data back to a module where you have that dimension by Users.  Now, due to complexities, I had to create one module for Write and one for Read.

2020-01-13_08-10-10.png

2020-01-13_08-10-22.png

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Thanks @rob_marshall .

The export process makes sense.

We are looking to have a connector account pull a users list from models (but trying to avoid a workspace admin license for this account). 

• @ckryan ,

Sadly, I believe that is the only thing that is available as you will need WSA access to pull that export.

• Hello @rob_marshall,

Has there been any movement on this?

The native Users list in the models (and in the Tenant) remains a pain point, especially for anyone with multiple workspace. 

Regards,

Ryan

• @CommunityMember127794 

Not that I am aware of.