Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Module with Users List

I have a module with two dimensions, Users List and Line Items.

Ideally, we would like two Boolean formatted line items (Single Sign-on and Workspace Administrator,). Is there a way to import / write a formula into the module that pulls the information from the users section under model settings? This could apply to model role & selective access too. 

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Module with Users List

Hi @ckryan 

I don't believe you can export or pull properties from the users list. 

You're only able to import properties / attributes into the users list from a file or export from it

If anyone has solution I would interested to see too!

Thanks,

Usman

Highlighted

@ckryan ,

Yes, if I am understanding your question correctly, you can do this by going to Users and selecting Export.

2020-01-13_07-45-18.png

On the next screen, make sure you change the export to csv (vs Excel) and if you are not interested in the Selective Access, select the first radio button:

2020-01-13_07-45-40.png

Make sure you save the action so you can use this in a future process, if needed.  Next, create a module dimensionalized by Users with the correct line items and import the data using the email address as you "anchor".

2020-01-13_07-46-20.png

Module:

2020-01-13_07-48-35.png

For a result of:

2020-01-13_07-46-04.png

Hope this helps,

Rob

Highlighted

@ckryan 

Just adding to @rob_marshall export

Afterwhich, you can then re-import the data into your module. I think that's what you were after.

If you can automate that, that would be a pretty nice workaround.

Jared Dolich - Retail, Wholesale, eCommerce
Highlighted

@Jared Dolich ,

Thanks for the pickup, yes, I forgot the little nugget of importing the csv you just exported to the module.  Thanks bud!

Rob

Highlighted

Great workaround @rob_marshall 

But is there currently any scope to be able to do this Anaplan without having to export? 

I know that one of the challenges is having multiple access items in one line item cell that is formatted by that list only by text.

Thanks,

Usman

@usman.zia ,

Great question, but currently no but it is something our Product team will be working on this year.

Rob

Highlighted

@usman.zia ,

I didn't answer your second question, yes, if you have multiple Selective access members, you can utilize the 2nd radio button on the export to achieve a 1:1 relationship and then import that data back to a module where you have that dimension by Users.  Now, due to complexities, I had to create one module for Write and one for Read.

2020-01-13_08-10-10.png

2020-01-13_08-10-22.png

Hope this helps,

Rob

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Thanks @rob_marshall .

The export process makes sense.

We are looking to have a connector account pull a users list from models (but trying to avoid a workspace admin license for this account). 

Highlighted

@ckryan ,

Sadly, I believe that is the only thing that is available as you will need WSA access to pull that export.