Monthly Cumulate

elaine.novel
Contributor

Monthly Cumulate

Hi Team, 

Is there a way for me to reset my cumulate on a monthly basis? 

Thanks, 

Elaine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rob_marshall

Re: Monthly Cumulate

@elaine.novel 

Not exactly sure what you are attempting to do, but you might look into using the function MonthToDate() which will be much more performant than cumulate.

Rob

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nikolay_denisov
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hello Elaine,

It is not very clear what is your specific case (what are you cumulating, what is time frame, what is cumulation logic, etc), but I can suggest two things:

1) If you are using native Anaplan formula to Cumulate you should utilise 3rd boolean parameter which you can set on specific period to reset cumulation. Please review formula insights:

https://help.anaplan.com/1173a903-81bb-4838-a4d0-1c9f9c739aa3-CUMULATE

2) If you are using custom cumulation formula, like :

Sales Cumulated = Previous(Sales Cumulated) + Sales

you could try to use Cumulate or would need to enhance current logic it with IF THEN ELSE logic and your target formula would be something like:

Sales Cumulated = iF not (reset period bool) THEN Previous(Sales Cumulated) + Sales ELSE 0

Hope it would help

rob_marshall

@elaine.novel 

Not exactly sure what you are attempting to do, but you might look into using the function MonthToDate() which will be much more performant than cumulate.

Rob

View solution in original post

elaine.novel
Contributor

Thanks Rob. This one worked. 🙂
elaine.novel
Contributor

Hi Nickolay, 

Thank you for taking time to respond. It is a normal reset of cumulate every after the month.. so it was like a 30-day cumulate.. I tried to cumulate with another criteria being the first day of the month and it worked but Rob's suggestion was more efficient. Thank you still. 🙂

Regards, 

Elaine